• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Getting a 336Marlin threaded?

PStough

Default rank <2000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
57   0
Reaction score
Anybody done this or know someone who could?? Yes yes i know just buy a dark or a Henry X thats already threaded. I would if i could find one that wasn't as high as a giraffes neck..
So looking to modify a plain old 336. Cheaper and im thinking easier?

Anybody know if the mag tube needs to be shortened or if the barrel profile will support it?

I had a 336 in 35 Remington chopped and threaded. Also had to install a shortened magazine tube. GA Firing Line in Marietta did the threading. I think this is the tube I used:

We have done a couple. Super rad project. Depends on barrel length but I know our gunsmith has done quite a few. What caliber 336 you building?

We have done a couple. Super rad project. Depends on barrel length but I know our gunsmith has done quite a few. What caliber 336 you building?
30-30. Gonna throw my nomad on and take my youngest nephew hunting this year.
Im thinking ill either need that shorter tube, Or P&W a Xeno brake for easy on and off.

Anybody done this or know someone who could?? Yes yes i know just buy a dark or a Henry X thats already threaded. I would if i could find one that wasn't as high as a giraffes neck..
So looking to modify a plain old 336. Cheaper and im thinking easier?

Anybody know if the mag tube needs to be shortened or if the barrel profile will support it?
I did it on a Glenfield 30A....essentially the same rifle. Yes, the barrel profile will support the threading and yes, you'll have to shorten the mag tube. Don't buy a new one, just cut the original one back enough to clear the threads. Subsonic, suppressed 30-30 in a lever is nice.

I did it on a Glenfield 30A....essentially the same rifle. Yes, the barrel profile will support the threading and yes, you'll have to shorten the mag tube. Don't buy a new one, just cut the original one back enough to clear the threads. Subsonic, suppressed 30-30 in a lever is nice.

Sweet, Good to know

Back
Top Bottom