• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Getting hosed on Home and Auto Insurance through Allstate...who is best?

I just switched a car, motorcycle, and homeowner's policy from State Farm (with them 30 years)
to Progressive. HUGE difference in prices. But, State Farm warned me that this is just a temporary rate Progressive offers to steal away customers from other companies; they'll bump up the rates regularly going FWD.
We'll see. I'll switch again if I think I'm getting screwed or have been put on a "sucker's list" of people who just pay whatever they're billed.

Premiums are going up and coverages are going down.
If you think you’re getting a deal on homeowners, check your policy. The insurance model for Georgia is resembling what they did in Florida and California before packing up and leaving.

Odds are, you’re getting an ACV policy for certain dwelling coverages like your roof. They will only pay a pro rated amount based off of the age vs life expectancy minus your deductible. Leaving you with a big unexpected out of pocket expense when you need to replace it. Not to mention they’re adding additional wind hail deductibles on top of your normal policy deductible.

Inflation doesn’t have much to do with, excessive severe weather events are causing them to take losses that they are not used to.

Read the fine print.

After 16yrs with Progressive, I switched to Farm Bureau this week and saved around $2k a year. House and 3 cars.
It is all a scam. We're the exact opposite...was with Farm Bureau for 22 years, very happily so all that time, then they pretty much doubled my rates and had to drop them and go with Progressive.

They all have, mine went from $1475.00 to $1950.00 for 2 vehicles, nothing has changed, this is with Safeco that I just went with last year, good 1 year rate then they hit me too. My broker said they were given from government a rate increase across the board.

Honestly loyalty doesn't matter anymore. Get quotes/switch up every few years if you want to save. Staying with one company just means you get to watch them raise rates on you even if you've never filed a claim and have a clean driving record for the last 20 years. I do bundle though so my house/cars are under the same company. Right now I am with State Farm, but was previously with Progressive. I called Geico and they wanted an arm and a leg. I may try Farm Bureau next time around.

Back
Top Bottom