• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Gillette the best a cisgender soy boy can get. Good job Proctor

This is causing quite a ruckus in the news today....just purchased from harrys razors online....$10.78ish shipped with coupon code erickson for their basic razor setup....cant stand being told how to act everywhere i turn now.

Man- I’ve been hooked on Harry’s razors for a few years. The seem to last forever for me. You will like them. Better and cheaper than many other name brands

Well...the commercial got you fellas talking about their brand. That's half the battle.

Personally, I don't take offense to the commercial or the message. People should step up and do the right thing...

Maybe you don't need the message, because you're such an upstanding individual... but someone, somewhere might need this message.

Don't like it... Don't buy the product... but keep talking about them... that's what they wanted after all. :becky:

I actually thought it was a pretty good commercial...but when is the version where they challenge women to be better too? Their daughters are also watching so maybe not be so emasculating, patronizing, condescending, and manipulative while criticizing every good man when he holds the door open for them by accusing them of exercising male privilege and forcing some systemic patriarchal rape culture by subliminally sending the message that we’re merely “allowing a woman to enter”.

But what do I know?

The commercial and basic message is good, however the underlying message is that all or most men behave poorly and are bullies and harassers etc. I’m growing tired of hearing that message. The value system I live in and the value system I was raised in was a Judeo/ Christian culture where women and all people were equally respected and treated. I grew up and live in areas with great diversity- people of all beliefs, skin colors etc. and we all got along and treated each other well because we shared the same value system.

Are their bad guys out there? Sure there are...but that represents a very small minority of men. Unless you want to talk about the fundamentalist Islam, or hip-hop/ urban/ rap culture..... the percentages of bad guys who treat women and weaker individualls cruelly is much much higher in those cultures.

Rush Limbaugh was all over Gillette and P&G today. I'm old enough to remember when Gillette sponsored the Friday Night Fights....talk about toxic masculinity....one guy trying to pound the snot out of the other.

Tell me why I should buy your product, don't give me a touchy-feely lecture. Anyway, **** Gillette, I have had a full beard since I retired 6 years ago.

Dollar Shave Club. To date, their commercials have been funny, without a political message (unless it's funny, too).

And, yes, their blades are ****ing great.

I don't know how Gillette isn't out of business. I use Dollar Shave Club. Better product at a lower price sent to my house. If they sold stock I'd use some of my dozens of dollars to buy a couple shares.

Back
Top Bottom