• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Giveaway is over. Thanks to all of our service members.

Howie

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
841   2
Reaction score
Free to an Active duty or Military vet with a young boy or girl who wants to shoot!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am willing to give away my Iver Johnson M1 .22 to any active duty Mom or Dad or Veteran Mom or Dad. What better way to get back in touch with a your child after being deployed for a year or more. I took this on trade and attempted to sell it for a short time. My children and I agreed that rather than make a few hundred bucks it would be better to see a soldier enjoy this with thier child. My boys and I have enjoyed shooting. I personally was in the Air Force back in the 80's. I have raised my children to respect our Men and Women in Uniform. This rifle is a small token of our appreciation for all of our service men and women and the sacrifices they've made.

The rifle will come with two 15 round mags. and 100- 200 rounds of ammo to get you started. This peticular model was made in 1988. I have Printed off the stripping and cleaning manual and the owners manual.
You will have to come to me and show a military I.D. and bring the child. Send a short story as to what branch you are in, how long you've been in, and if you were an Iraq war vet or Afgan Vet. I will put the names in a hat and have my youngest son draw one. I will leave the ad up for one week.
Thank you for your commitment and service.

i42.tinypic.com_1yuyx.jpg

i44.tinypic.com_2cgznkk.jpg

Last edited:
Awesome thing to offer Howie. That's a very considerate thing you are doing! Hope you find it a good home!

Mighty generous offer there, Howie! May as well throw my hat in the ring for this one!

I was in the Army for just short of 10 years. Deployed to Afghanistan in 2004, before my son was born. I made it back on leave a week before he was born. Moved a few times, trained a few more, and deployed again to Iraq in 2008. Came home in late 2009 and got out of the Army at the very ending of 2010. Now, my son is 7 years old and ready to start shooting. I've gotten him started on pellet and BB guns, and think maybe it's time to start him on a firearm.

Thanks again, and I hope your boy draws my name!

Back
Top Bottom