• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Glock 19 Gen III Slide Rusting

Inbonuscivis

Default rank <4000 posts
ODT Junkie!
20   0
Reaction score
I have a Glock 19 Gen III and recently carried it in a new holster while hunting. Well once I got back home I took out all the firearms to give them a good lube and cleaning and noticed that the slide on the 19 had rust spots on the slide...Now I have a Glock only a couple of weeks old that has rust all down one side of the slide from the holster. Does anyone know if Glock can clean this up or am I stuck with a beater glock (Shameful to even say such a thing)? Thanks ODT!

you must be one of the proud "i sweat battery acid nuclear ooze" people, i'm the same way, t's why i can't have nice things. they MIGHT but it's not likely.

only gun i've found impervious to me is a stainless ruger anything

you must be one of the proud "i sweat battery acid nuclear ooze" people, i'm the same way, t's why i can't have nice things. they MIGHT but it's not likely.

only gun i've found impervious to me is a stainless ruger anything

Yeah, I would have to agree. I thought the steel on the slides of the glock were impervious to rust (Similar to Core-Tin Steel). I have to take my buddies G26 by there this week so I may take the G19 along as well and see what they say.

Pics? It's probably light surface oxidation that will probably clean up fairly easily and hopefully looks worse than it is. I wouldn't wait around to clean it up though.

I tried to clean it up as soon as I noticed the issue...it doesn't appear to have pitted just surface oxidation. Sorry I can't post pics just yet (Work frowns upon carrying a weapon....not that I don't anyway) so the pics will have to wait until I get home.

what you will learn is that they will say either the finish wore off and that it will rust, or that not all slides are created equal and that the steel hardening process is not 100% and will make botch spots that have a propensity to rust more.

the armorer there the day i took mine just hit it with some wool and cold blue and that it's.

you could care about stuff like that more than me but like i said that's why i don't have nice things

what you will learn is that they will say either the finish wore off and that it will rust, or that not all slides are created equal and that the steel hardening process is not 100% and will make botch spots that have a propensity to rust more.

the armorer there the day i took mine just hit it with some wool and cold blue and that it's.

you could care about stuff like that more than me but like i said that's why i don't have nice things

Well...I like nice things but my Daily Carry is going to take some abuse for sure. I just don't want to have to worry about the slide pitting or to the point where its dangerous to fire.

ah if you google rusted glocks you'll see em rusted to the point you can see the barrel. i don't think there's anything to really worry about. if it's a major concern i'd just cerakote it or somethin

ah if you google rusted glocks you'll see em rusted to the point you can see the barrel. i don't think there's anything to really worry about. if it's a major concern i'd just cerakote it or somethin

Thanks GTH813X! How difficult is it to Cerakote the weapon yourself? or would it be better to ship it off? Also, whats a ball park cost figure for a cerakote job?

Back
Top Bottom