• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Glock 23 Gen 3 LEO Turn Ins - $349.99

A lot of LE agencies are switching to 9mm. Higher chamber pressures, reduced magazine capacity, shorter overall weapon lifespan due to significantly increased wear and tear, higher ammunition cost, and the ballistics don't offset all of those shortcomings.

FOR LE AGENCIES.
If you just love 40, then rock on...

PS: I hate 40. It is, was, and always will be a ballistic stop gap.

Yet another 40 hater who listened to James Yeager and did no research on his own. The SAAMI spec on BOTH 9mm and .40 S&W is 35,000 psi. Except 9mm +P is allowed to be 38,500 psi. So of the two, 9mm is the "high pressure" round.

And I have yet to see any empirical evidence that a pistol wears out faster in .40. In fact, my Glock 22 is a 1991 model, and it's still going strong with several thousand down the pipe.

It's funny there are so many vocal .40 haters. It's like they are constantly trying to convince themselves and everyone else that 9mm is better. Maybe they've got some doubts...

Yet another 40 hater who listened to James Yeager and did no research on his own. The SAAMI spec on BOTH 9mm and .40 S&W is 35,000 psi. Except 9mm +P is allowed to be 38,500 psi. So of the two, 9mm is the "high pressure" round.

And I have yet to see any empirical evidence that a pistol wears out faster in .40. In fact, my Glock 22 is a 1991 model, and it's still going strong with several thousand down the pipe.

It's funny there are so many vocal .40 haters. It's like they are constantly trying to convince themselves and everyone else that 9mm is better. Maybe they've got some doubts...
Let them hate. More .40 for us during the panic and we can get a conversion barrel and shoot 9mm too.

I've shot well over 50K rounds of .40 through Glocks over the last 18 years. Only suffered broken locking block pins, which didn't affect reliability, and have replaced mag springs.

Back
Top Bottom