• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Glock 23C/23 help

gh00747

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
30   1
Reaction score
So my buddy traded his glock 23 slide barrel etc, for a slide barrel etc off a 23C. So the only difference is the barrel and slide are ported. These are both gen3's so of course you would think no problem, just like anything else glock you change slides and your done. Here's where i need help, with the factory 23 lower he cannot "takedown" the 23C slide and barrel, it wont come off. He has to slide it back just enough to reach the plastic firing pin sleeve, take the rear plate off, all of this just to tear the gun down...Any ideas???? this REALLY has me stumped! Thanks in advanced everyone!

My slide, barrel and frame each have different serial numbers on my 23. It's all kinds of jacked up but it still runs like a top.

Tell him to make sure he is not pulling the slide to far back when he pulls the slide stop down for disassembly. The problem sounds like he is pulling the slide back to far and re-setting the trigger. He only needs to pull the slide back about 1/8 of an inch for disassembly.

Thanks for the help guys, hopefully its nothing too bad. I will have to have a look at it when i see the pistol in person, if i cant figure it out looks like i will be making a trip to smyrna!

Back
Top Bottom