• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Glock 26 gen 4 or P365

Victor R.

Default rank <100 posts
Hunter
14   0
Reaction score
I would like an honest opinion on this. I have asked when visiting different shooting ranges in the are what they think about the Sig P365. 4 out 5 told me not to buy it and to keep my Glock 26. They said P365 is not good, many issues and is not worth it. But the high demand on the pistol, it conceal-ability, rounds etc. makes me wants to have it. Can I have honest opinions as to what is better for you guys and why?

Never messed with a P365 myself, but have carried a G26 for years and have had zero issues with it. As previously stated, rent a P365 and G26. Shoot em, field strip them and make your pick. The early versions of P365 had some problems, but from what I have read up on, the issue(s) have been corrected. Whichever one u pick, I think you will do alright.

I've owned a few 26's over the years, and I currently own a P365. The 26 has a few advantages. You can use Glock 19/17 mags, which gives you carry options and backup mag capacity options. You can customize your trigger components to fit your preference easily. Plus, Glock accessories/mags/Holsters are plentiful and affordable. Glock being in Smyrna is also a plus for us local folks.

The advantage to a P365 is the size/capacity is remarkable. It comes with night sights, and the trigger out of the box is good. It's had some well documented issues, but those have been largely addressed.

It really boils down to preference. To me, the Shield/Glock 43/P365 are more comparable than the 26/P365.

If pocket/deep carry is your top priority, the P365 is gonna suit that role better. If you're going to carry on your belt, then the 26 or even a 19 might suit you best.

I carried a gun with the exact same dimensions as a Glock 26 for 10 years. My gun was a Taurus, but it use the same holsters and looked identical to the Glock 26 in every way (except it was a lot cheaper and it had a titanium slide and factory night sights ).

I have drifted away from carrying compact semi autos of that size and gone towards subcompact or "pocket" pistols. If I have to get a gun out of the gun safe it's going to be a full-size duty pistol or the one I use for action pistol shooting matches. But for daily concealed carry, I think smaller and thinner is better than a chunky Glock.

https://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/threads/whats-the-deal-with-the-sig-p365.1780503/

3D1C0272-A932-440F-9C3E-C495D5C985AE.jpeg

G26 wins.

I have had all the above. I too love Glocks for the easy trigger mods and the interchangeable parts. The P365 is the same size as the G42 but it’s 9 mm with twice the capacity. The G43 is the same size as the 26 only a bit thinner. The G26 is great, but thick for a pocket or carry without a long shirt.

I assume Glock will follow the 365, unfortunately they don’t lead. For now the 365 is a pocket pistol and smaller carry than the G26 with more capacity. Just my opinion after wanting a quality pistol I can hide in a pair of shorts and feel confident. I sold my G42 and 43 to buy a 365, it’s been great and a lot of upgrades including trigger and sights that a Glock will cost you $150 more.
This comes from a guy that loves Glocks. Rent all and see for yourself.

Back
Top Bottom