• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Glock 35 conversion barrel

DADI03

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
97   0
Reaction score
I have a glock 35 with a 9mm conversion barrel. The gun functions fine with the 40 barrel, but when you swap to the 9mm it won't cycle every time. The shell won't make it past the slide. I'm guessing its a spring issue. I am assuming the spring is set for a 40 and a 9 won't push hard enough to get the slide open long enough for the shell to completely eject. Has anyone else had this problem? How did you correct it?

Lone wolf recommends shooting a box of +P if you’re having issues on Gen 3 & earlier. Gen 4 they recommend changing springs. That was their general recommendation, not specific to the 35. What Gen is it & how many rounds do you have through the conversion?

I had the same problem. They recommended a weaker spring, but even that required some "Break-In" shooting to make it function properly. Funny, insomuch that I had zero problems with a 40/9 barrel for my G23! That said, the slide on the G35 is a bit bigger ...

I wouldn't think there would be a break in period for this. How many rounds constitutes a break in? What spring did you get/use? Where did you get it from?

If you are shooting 115gr 9mm, try going to 124gr or 147gr. When I was at Glock last month, someone brought in a 17L with a similar issue and the tech recommended against shooting 115gr loads. YMMV

The Gen3 Glocks use the same spring in the 34,35,17,22,24,17L,31, full sized guns in 9,40, and 357. The way they make them work from caliber to caliber is by varying the weight of the slide.

A quick fix for your issue is a stock recoil spring assembly with 4 coils cliped off of one end. They are cheap to replace if you want one for your 40 and one for the 9. The rod’s muzzle end has a “tit” that can be gently pulled off, or cut off to release the spring for the surgery. Just reassemble the gun as you would a 1911. Wear safety glasses in case the spring tries to shoot your eye out.

Back
Top Bottom