• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Glock 36 or XD-45c

If you do go 36, I just found my old IWB holster for the one I used to have. Will sell or trade. Let me know.
If you do go 30 get the SF for resale, they're usually more in demand.

The biggest reason is there's not enough difference in the space required for a 36 vs 30 and the trade off on capacity of the two.

The 36 would likely be fine with me if I hadn't shot the 30 first. At 10 to 15 steps I can shoot the Model 30 as well or better than many full size .45's.

I'm not the only person that's reported they shoot the .30 so well. I like the Glock pistols, but I'm a fan of the entire XD series. My only complaint is that in small hands the grip safety is sometimes difficult. My wife simply couldn't count on being able to make the first one I bought her fire because of it.

Why are you compairing a Springfield double stack .45acp to a Glock single stack.45acp?

The models from Springfield and Glock that are similar in size and capacity are the XDs/G36 both single stack pocket carry pistols and Springfield XD45c/G30 both are compact double stack but not a good choice for pocket carry unless you wear pants with cargo pockets.

I have all of them and I prefer the Springfield over the Glock for a carry gun but if you are concerned about resale value then the Glock would be a better choice.

Both are super reliable and have positives and negitives it just depends on what you like and don't like. The XDm has a taller slide than the Glock and some people don't like that. The Glock has a hump in the grip that the XDm doesn't have and some people don't like that. Size, weight, capacity and reliabuility are so close that one is no better than the other. Bottom line is pick then both up to see how they feel in your hand and how well they point for you and whatever feels best is the gun for you.

Which would you choose and why?

It depends on what you plan to use it for.
For me....
XD45c for nightstand use (love the feel of it in my hand and shoot it well, more capacity)
G30 for occasional carry (less bulky than the XD makes it more comfortable to carry iwb)

Would like to try a G36 or XDS for carry though.

i have the g36 and xds
i carry the xds
will sell the g36,with box,docs,and night sights-500.00 firm in newnan

Back
Top Bottom