• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Glock 42 minus connector standard?

Gimli2

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
33   0
Reaction score
So, I bought one of the very first Glock 42s off the assembly line, shot it a few times and hated it (too big to really be a pocket gun, and a horrific trigger.) I finally had both the time and inclination to take it to Glock yesterday for the updates and the trigger is much improved, aided no doubt by the minus connector they installed. I'll take it in a heartbeat, but I never asked for it. Is the minus connector standard equipment for the 42 now? I'm kind of blown away! It makes such a significant difference!

Glock made several modifications within a year or two to improve reliability. Everything in my gun was initial design. When I took it in yesterday, Glock replaced the trigger group, slide stop lever, magazines and maybe a couple other things...including the connector, which further research after posting proved is now standard.

I fired only ball ammo through my gun when I first got it and had zero function issues (unlike others, who had all kinds of problems) but the trigger was for the birds. That minus connector is worth it’s weight in gold from a useability standpoint. I would guess that if you have that you probably are fine with the other parts too. If you have to push through a brick wall to get your 42 to fire, I would fuss at Glock post haste.

Thanks for the info...mine is 2 years old and I've fired all kinds of ammo through it with zero problems. I've had about every brand of 380 semi pistol out there and got rid of them all due to the trigger pull.

One day I'll make it to Glock and have them go through it. It sou is like I'm already good by what your saying.

Back
Top Bottom