• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Glock Adventure Outdoor

Okay so you prefer the feel and accuracy of other guns but carry a G19? Is that because you feel the dependability of the G19 outweigh those features on other guns as a EDC?

I like the Size/Capacity formula that the Glock 19 solves.
I hit faster and more accurately with My HK 9's and as soon as HK release a 19 sized 9mm I will sell my 19 (but we all know they will not make that gun).
I conceal a 1911 better than a 19- But i have CCW a MK23 on occasion
I am in the process of returning to the DA/SA Sig Sauers as the Glocks accuracy leaves a LOT to be desired when compared to the Sig- and Sig has the Size/Capacity almost identical the the 19 in the 228 (except weight- Glock wins there)

I still feel like i am holding a block when shooting the Glock but I can shoot Minute Of Bad Guy quick enough. As I age I am choosing to compromise less when it comes to carrying what I really love.

Okay now in that respect I get you. I have a Sig P225 (original not the P6) W. German model and I love it. But, like you said it's a brick to carry. The DA/SA trigger is great and I love the single stack feel of it. But, it gets to weigh you down too after a while on the hip. My HK USP shoots great but it's full size. I shoot the HK like a champ. But, it's huge. So, I got a G23 a few weeks back really because it was a steal of a deal. Police trade in, looked hardly shot, 2 mags and night sights on it. Never shot the .40 before because everyone poo pooed them. But, it's actually not that bad. And the fact that I can get a .357sig barrel and shoot another great round and use the mags I already have is a plus as well. Sure, I could go get a P229 and get a .357sig barrel for it and do the same. If I'm going to wear a gun for extended periods of time it needs to not kill me. That's why I primarily pocket carry my Colt Cobra with an alternating mix of Hornady and Cor-Bon ammo. But, the G23 rides nice as well.

Okay now in that respect I get you. I have a Sig P225 (original not the P6) W. German model and I love it. But, like you said it's a brick to carry. The DA/SA trigger is great and I love the single stack feel of it. But, it gets to weigh you down too after a while on the hip. My HK USP shoots great but it's full size. I shoot the HK like a champ. But, it's huge. So, I got a G23 a few weeks back really because it was a steal of a deal. Police trade in, looked hardly shot, 2 mags and night sights on it. Never shot the .40 before because everyone poo pooed them. But, it's actually not that bad. And the fact that I can get a .357sig barrel and shoot another great round and use the mags I already have is a plus as well. Sure, I could go get a P229 and get a .357sig barrel for it and do the same. If I'm going to wear a gun for extended periods of time it needs to not kill me. That's why I primarily pocket carry my Colt Cobra with an alternating mix of Hornady and Cor-Bon ammo. But, the G23 rides nice as well.

Dude- you pocket carry a Colt Cobra- That is awesome. The 40 shines in intermediate barrier penetration (Path and retained weight) and is always available!

Dude- you pocket carry a Colt Cobra- That is awesome. The 40 shines in intermediate barrier penetration (Path and retained weight) and is always available!

Oh don't be impressed. It's a 1968 model that has bluing issues all over. But the functionality is amazing. Also has the Colt Hammer Shroud.

Back
Top Bottom