• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

glock gen 5 19 or czp10c?

A lot of guns are coming with way too much grip stippling from the factory. It will make your hands bleed or rub your love handle raw when carrying it. I don't like it, it doesn't need to be that abrasive.

I know that stippling is all the rage, as we all seem to think we are going to be covered on water or oil and fighting through the mud in the gunfight of our lives and that somehow that's gonna make a difference, but I highly doubt that will ever be the case for any of us...

Guns like that, the P10C, the Taurus G2, even the new Shield 2.0 all came that way, cheese grater is a good description... I took one of those 3m abrasive sponges... it's a combination of sandpaper and a foam sponge, you can get them in different grit and they work wet or dry, and I use that to take the bite out of the stippling on these guns... You can remove a little at a time till it is "just right"... And when you are done, wipe off the grip with a wet paper towel to remove the dust, and it looks brand new.

I don't like the talon grips on pistols... I just don't like the way the gun looks with essentially "stickers" on the handle...

100% agree with everything you said. The S&W M&P 2.0 Compact grip texture is brutal.

I don’t trust myself enough to not screw up a firearm if I go to sanding on it, so that’s why I do the Talon Grips. I’m not really a fan of them, but it’s a cheap, quick fix.

100% agree with everything you said. The S&W M&P 2.0 Compact grip texture is brutal.

I don’t trust myself enough to not screw up a firearm if I go to sanding on it, so that’s why I do the Talon Grips. I’m not really a fan of them, but it’s a cheap, quick fix.

It's hard to mess up. The sponge makes it easy, seriously, Michael j Fox could do it...

Any good indoor shooting range should have both for rent, shoot both. In 9mm I prefer the CZ.

Does the mag release and slide lock/release get easier to operate once dozens of rounds go through it? Mine is nearly impossible to manipulate. To clarify, the alide release on an empty gun and a mag drop on a full mag

So I took it to the range today and shot it side by side with my gen 5 19 and my 43. My thoughts/comparisons. Cz is a decent shooter. Nothing to wow me away from my glocks. I shot my glock better (tighter and more controlled) but have a lot of time with it so that could contribute as I do a lot of training with glocks). I like the simplicity of parts on and in a Glock and the overall fit and feel of the 19 gen 5 is a keeper. I even shot better with my 43 than the cz. I will not be changing over to cz platform. My buddy was with me and he really like the cz and wants his first pistol so I gave it to him as a gift. Win win. He got a pistol and I verified I am a....yup, glock fanboy.

There are a lot of variables that i take into consideration when owning a Glock, but a big one is the fact that the factory is in Smyrna so any repairs or upgrades that are OEM can be done there with no problem. For that reason I always have at least 1 Glock in my stable. That being said, I owned a Glock 19 Gen 5 and sold it for an M2.0 Compact. Then I sold that one and now have a P-10C. I also own a Glock 19 Gen 3 and I think that and the P-10C are pretty much the best ones that work for me.

I will admit the texture is a bit rough on the P-10c and plan to smooth it down or stipple it to a more comfortable EDC-friendly pattern, but that's for the front and back straps...the sides are fine with me.

There are a lot of variables that i take into consideration when owning a Glock, but a big one is the fact that the factory is in Smyrna so any repairs or upgrades that are OEM can be done there with no problem. For that reason I always have at least 1 Glock in my stable. That being said, I owned a Glock 19 Gen 5 and sold it for an M2.0 Compact. Then I sold that one and now have a P-10C. I also own a Glock 19 Gen 3 and I think that and the P-10C are pretty much the best ones that work for me.

I will admit the texture is a bit rough on the P-10c and plan to smooth it down or stipple it to a more comfortable EDC-friendly pattern, but that's for the front and back straps...the sides are fine with me.

I had considered an m&p 2.0 compact also. But I stuck with glocks. I wanted to try the cz cuz of all the hype I had heard about it. It’s not huge but compared to a g19 it is significantly less compact in feel for me. More full sizeish kinda pistol. The g19 really is the Goldilocks for a 15 rnd compact pistol and having minimal parts it’s just Simple, reliable and fits ME like a glove. Good thing there are so many options cuz I know glocks are not “the gun” for everyone

I had considered an m&p 2.0 compact also. But I stuck with glocks. I wanted to try the cz cuz of all the hype I had heard about it. It’s not huge but compared to a g19 it is significantly less compact in feel for me. More full sizeish kinda pistol. The g19 really is the Goldilocks for a 15 rnd compact pistol and having minimal parts it’s just Simple, reliable and fits ME like a glove. Good thing there are so many options cuz I know glocks are not “the gun” for everyone

Exactly. Ease of repair/disassembly, strong aftermarket, cheap mags, good support from the mothership, I mean a Glock is a Glock is a Glock so no matter if you own a Glock 42 or a Glock 45 it can be taken down and you can troubleshoot it fairly quickly and easily with cheap parts at your disposal. She’s not exactly the prom queen for sure, but she’s the kind of girl you don’t feel ashamed that you took her home and wore that ass out after the dance either lmao

I really think you should give the 2.0 compact a try. I think you should try the smaller one with the traditional safety. When you buy it you should take it to the range and compare. When you go I will go with you. If you don’t like it you can give it to me and we both win.
Seriously that was a grand gesture to your friend.

I really think you should give the 2.0 compact a try. I think you should try the smaller one with the traditional safety. When you buy it you should take it to the range and compare. When you go I will go with you. If you don’t like it you can give it to me and we both win.
Seriously that was a grand gesture to your friend.

I will keep ya posted if I venture out to try the m&p 2.0. Keep your schedule open :bounce:

Back
Top Bottom