• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Glock help needed

I always thought that model was only sold to LEOs.

It can be. It isn’t imported because without some changes it doesn’t meet the criteria for legal importation. LE can get them in the US. Once they bring them into the US, they’re legal for anyone to own, so a former LE gun can legally be owned by non-LE.

The G25 is popular in countries in South America where civilians can’t own 9mm, and elsewhere where they have the same restrictions, like other Latin countries and some places in Europe.

My wife’s first carry gun was the .380 shield EZ. She loved it. But it wasn’t a year down the road and she wanted a 9. She carries the 365 and absolutely loves it. The ultimate decision is hers and can she rack the slide, load the mags, and handle it in her hands.
The 365 is awesome , and so much firepower in such a small package.

My wife loves her Glock 42. It's small enough for her to take anywhere and easy for her to shoot.
The glock 42 is great. I don't particularly like the 43, but love the Sig P365. I see you are a life member of the NRA. I am also and an endowment member. I hope they start fighting harder about these second amendment bills.

It can be. It isn’t imported because without some changes it doesn’t meet the criteria for legal importation. LE can get them in the US. Once they bring them into the US, they’re legal for anyone to own, so a former LE gun can legally be owned by non-LE.

The G25 is popular in countries in South America where civilians can’t own 9mm, and elsewhere where they have the same restrictions, like other Latin countries and some places in Europe.
Ive heard of this model Glock,and have always been curious as to the magazine capacity. Not that I desire to own one. Just curious. I also assumed it to have some Glock 18 characteristics since it was never offered in this country. Again,just curiosity or maybe some hope that Hickock 45 might get to play with one on the compound someday. That Glock 18 sure made him smile the other day.

Ive heard of this model Glock,and have always been curious as to the magazine capacity. Not that I desire to own one. Just curious. I also assumed it to have some Glock 18 characteristics since it was never offered in this country. Again,just curiosity or maybe some hope that Hickock 45 might get to play with one on the compound someday. That Glock 18 sure made him smile the other day.

I’ve handled and shot one. Capacity is 15 rounds in the magazine, same as the 19.

https://eu.glock.com/en/products/pistols/g25

The Shield EZ is much easier to rack and operate, but is significantly larger than, the G42. The Shield EZ mag holds 2 more rounds than the G42.

I wouldn’t rule out the G43/43X/48 family of 9mm Glocks, as well as the SIG P365, and SAI Hellcat.

Hands down, the Shield EZ is the easiest to manipulate out of those. If she can function it easier, she should have more confidence in using it. Confidence in your carry piece is much more important in my view than many other physical features, like capacity.

If she can go to a range and try some out, that’s great. Last I checked, TruPrep had the SIG, SAI, and S&W in stock. The subcompact Glocks come through regularly. There is no range there, if she can handle them side by side.
Many thanks for much needed info. That should give her a diverse selection to try on so to speak. Keep up the great training and building advise and expertise. They don't make many like you. Always ready to give input for the cause. God bless you and yours!

Be mindful of what guns you always talk **** about. I can't help you.... :boink:
I don't despise Glock. They do the job and do it very well. They have an excellent track record. I think both the civilian and Local and Gubment have proved that without a shadow of a doubt. It's just the look. It's just the look that is unappealing but that shouldn't come into play on a trusty self defense gun. That's all it is. For no more expensive it is to add a little poly here, take away a little there it looks like they would bring it up to date a little. That's like Cadillacs always looking the same every next year model. The mold it what cost. Those injection .holding machines aren't cheap and the molds are huge and very expensive to produce. I understand that completely but I don't really like it. However, the sales speak for their guns. As long as it performs like it does why change. 1911 are beautiful but the price range and weight take them out of the selection process when it comes to carry and the ability of a female being able to operate it smoothly and quicky often chase them out of that market real fast. Not mention the ammo capacity.

It's just the look that is unappealing but that shouldn't come into play on a trusty self defense gun. That's all it is. For no more expensive it is to add a little poly here, take away a little there it looks like they would bring it up to date a little.
You’re describing the Shadow Systems MR920. :becky:

Back
Top Bottom