• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Glock or not to Glock this is the question!

Nat

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
211   0
Reaction score
Been carrin' a revolver, J frame, the whole of my life ( I'm 58 this month ) and am entertaining the idea of carrin' a semi auto. There are those of you that stroke your Glocks and think they're the best thing since the wheel. I'm ok with that. The only reason that I can think of for me to purchase one is their mags are compatible to a few of the 9mm carbines on the market today and I hear a light carry, as in weight. That's a plus+. I'm leaning towards a 9mm platform. I'm not concerned so much with frame size as I do not tuck anymore. So Glock or not to Glock is my question.
What say ya'll and thank you for your input.

Sure, why not? They're very reliable and accurate enough. I trust them, but I don't stroke them. LOL...Every gun person needs a Glock in their herd. Aftermarket is exceptional. Armorers are everywhere. Glock is in Smyrna. Plenty of other reasons as well. Go for it.

FTFY

Been carrin' a revolver, J frame, the whole of my life ( I'm 58 this month ) and am entertaining the idea of carrin' a semi auto. There are those of you that stroke your Glocks and think they're the best thing since the wheelgun. I'm ok with that. The only reason that I can think of for me to purchase one is their mags are compatible to a few of the 9mm carbines on the market today and I hear a light carry, as in weight. That's a plus+. I'm leaning towards a 9mm platform. I'm not concerned so much with frame size as I do not tuck anymore. So Glock or not to Glock is my question.
What say ya'll and thank you for your input.

They're simple, lightweight, have good capacity, and are utterly reliable. What's not to love?

With all that being said though, I'm probably going to be switching my EDC from a Glock 17 to a CZ-75 Phantom if CZ will quit messing around and re-release the Phantom like they've been claiming on their website.

The reason being that the CZ-75 is every bit as reliable as a Glock, but I'm WAY more accurate with the CZ than I've EVER been with a Glock.

Can't go only by what you hear around here. There's a lot of good reasons for having a Glock or any semi auto for that matter. The ODT is probably 50-50 between lovers and loathers of Glock but MRH (above) gives a few of the reasons why I own them. As far as ease of carry between a J frame and a G19 is concerned, the difference will be considerable.

Something I considered valid when moving from a revolver to a semi auto, was the similarity between using a revolver and a Glock. The trigger stroke is more similar to a double action revolver than many semi-autos. Like a DA revolver the Glock has no safety to manipulate before firing. I find I could shoot a revolver and a Glock without a difficulty in switching platforms. Not so with a 1911 and a revolver.

Reactions: Nat
Back
Top Bottom