• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Glock Reloads

1911guy

Default rank <300 posts
Tracker
21   0
Reaction score
There are some that have the misconception that you can't shoot reloads in Glocks. I have seen several posts that say this. I have never had a issue with reloads in glock pistols.I have 2 that have never seen factory ammo.

Would hate to see someone pass on a nice pistol based on a misconception !!!

You can shoot reloads in Glocks, it just voids your warranty according to Glock.

What needs to be known is its definitely not recommended shooting lead (non jacketed) bullets thru your Glock...unless you're very meticulous about cleaning the barrel afterwards...still tho, not recommended.

I've never deen any reference to lead bullets in a Glock owners manual. I have seen the standard warning against reloaded or substandard ammo.

Call Glock, they'll let you know...its the polygon rifling in the barrel, its rounded off as opposed to squared off...lead tends to build up inside, causing higher pressures which can theoretically cause...KABOOM...if u shoot lead, just brush it out good after every session and soak the barrel in a solvent...Ballistol works for me :)

reloads ? ---- I wouldnt shoot them in mine unless they were mine or Ga Arms or the like ....

but their reloads in 9mm aint really no bargain anyway ...

..........an for the lead in Glock barrels deal .... I will just get me a LWD barrel

You can shoot reloads in Glocks, it just voids your warranty according to Glock.

What needs to be known is its definitely not recommended shooting lead (non jacketed) bullets thru your Glock...unless you're very meticulous about cleaning the barrel afterwards...still tho, not recommended.

Just about every firearms manufacturer states that. Mainly becuase of people trying to run REALLY hot ammos that exceeds SAAMI specs.

The polygonal riflings in the stock Glock barrels is not designed for use with lead bullets. An after-market barrel with standard rifling will fix that problem. The main reason that people poo-poo Glocks when discussing reloads is due to the size of the chambers. Part of what makes a Glock so reliable is the fact that the chambers are oversized, thus allowing the gun to feed dirty ammo, or with dirt and grit in the action. This causes the brass to expand and makes it difficult to reload. Especially if you are reloading for another gun in the same caliber. I'm basing this on conversations with folks I shoot with that reload, shoot Glocks, and also other guns in the same caliber. I don't own a Glock at the moment, nor do I reload semi-auto calibers.

Wheeler

The main reason that people poo-poo Glocks when discussing reloads is due to the size of the chambers. Part of what makes a Glock so reliable is the fact that the chambers are oversized, thus allowing the gun to feed dirty ammo, or with dirt and grit in the action. This causes the brass to expand and makes it difficult to reload. Especially if you are reloading for another gun in the same caliber. I'm basing this on conversations with folks I shoot with that reload, shoot Glocks, and also other guns in the same caliber. I don't own a Glock at the moment, nor do I reload semi-auto calibers.

As a note for anyone that has a problem with this, either adjust your sizing die down all the way or buy a small base die. My Dillon has seen close untold thousands of 9mm rounds and I've never had an issue with Glocks, Berettas, Sigs, 1911s and a few others. The trick is properly adjusting and testing the casings.

if you choose to ignore the man., its your choice. many do. don't know if i'd recommend to others.

Not a recommendation, just stating that pretty much all gun mfg. say, only fire new ammunition in good condition . Glock is covering their @$$ like they have too. If you load outside the lines, any gun is subject to have issues,or cause injury.

Back
Top Bottom