• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Glock Slide Work and Milling for RDS

Moondog1

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
183   0
Reaction score
So I have a gen 4 17 that haday some work done by the previous owner, just some front serrations on the front like the ones on the rear. I'm ordering a deltapoint pro for this pistol soon and I'll have to get the slide milled to mount it. My goal is to have a really tricked out and fun to shoot ninja 17. I think the salient arms and zev slides look really cool but I have no interest in that kind of money and would like to keep it fairly local and not take 6 months to finish.

So my questions are who does this kind of work? My first thought was dobbs but I didn't know if they do the cool useless slide cuts and such.

Cost for just Milling for the deltapoint pro?

Also, is Milling the slide worth it being that much lower than using a dove tail rear sight adapter plate?

Lastly, will the front serrations this already has mess up getting some cool slide cuts?
1492988220712-1696522209.jpg

So I have a gen 4 17 that haday some work done by the previous owner, just some front serrations on the front like the ones on the rear. I'm ordering a deltapoint pro for this pistol soon and I'll have to get the slide milled to mount it. My goal is to have a really tricked out and fun to shoot ninja 17. I think the salient arms and zev slides look really cool but I have no interest in that kind of money and would like to keep it fairly local and not take 6 months to finish.

So my questions are who does this kind of work? My first thought was dobbs but I didn't know if they do the cool useless slide cuts and such.

Cost for just Milling for the deltapoint pro?

Also, is Milling the slide worth it being that much lower than using a dove tail rear sight adapter plate?

Lastly, will the front serrations this already has mess up getting some cool slide cuts?
View attachment 1147823

Milling out the slide for the RDS is imperative IMO. Keeps the sight lower and is a much more sturdy mount.

As far as who is doing it in this area, not really sure. Any good machine shop should be able to do it. You could also send it off to Lone Wolf or the likes and have them take care of it.

Back
Top Bottom