• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Glued Floorboard Help

Piglatinhater

Default rank <5000 posts
ODT Junkie!
82   3
Reaction score
Hey Guys,
I'm in the process of pulling up a section of floorboard in my bathroom. At one point the previous owner had repaired a section (1.5 feet by 3 feet) around the toilet and had screwed/glued the repair patch down. The screws were easy. Any good ways to pull off the glued floorboard?

Hey Guys,
I'm in the process of pulling up a section of floorboard in my bathroom. At one point the previous owner had repaired a section (1.5 feet by 3 feet) around the toilet and had screwed/glued the repair patch down. The screws were easy. Any good ways to pull off the glued floorboard?
Wedges might help, but glued subflooring is never easy to remove. If you can get a reciprocating saw between the plywood and the joists, you can cut it loose. But if you cut too far into the joists, you might have to scab on some deadwood to level it back out.

Set your circular saw to just under the thickness of the wood you want to remove. Cut every 1/4 to 1/2 inch end to end. Then remove the resulting strips with hammer and wood chisel.

Back
Top Bottom