GMC problem

It's the "please throw me in the trash and buy another GM product (pretty please!)" message.

Gonna be more than limp home mode if the gauges don't work. I would say something in the instrument's wiring harness.
Not true, my 03 Sierra did that once when I installed an HID kit. The current draw was too much for the harness and would cause the computer to trip into limp mode. Removed the HID's, never had the issue again. It was apparently a common issue among certain HID kits. Then my instrument panel did go wacko, but $9.99 worth of upgraded stepper motors in the cluster, and its as good as new.......ish.

Not true, my 03 Sierra did that once when I installed an HID kit. The current draw was too much for the harness and would cause the computer to trip into limp mode. Removed the HID's, never had the issue again. It was apparently a common issue among certain HID kits. Then my instrument panel did go wacko, but $9.99 worth of upgraded stepper motors in the cluster, and its as good as new.......ish.

Which was a self inflicted problem in the wiring harness. :p

Back
Top Bottom