• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

GMSA hosts LPR Elite Securities Group, Inc Tactical Carbine & Pistol Training June 21-22

OK. Got a video uploaded. This is the end of the second day and the culmination of our training for this "evolution". It was a team drill with Pete calling out two or more randomly numbered targets. Shooters had to ID the target in their area, engage with two rounds, call their area clear, call movement to the next obstacle, move to it correctly and safely and await the next target. If it sounds easy, you've never done it. If you have, then you've had training and understand the process to get to this point. The pause with the first two shooters was caused by one running dry on rifle mags. It was the last drill, but he "TRANSITIONED!" and stayed in the fight.

[video]http://tinypic.com/m/iblysh/2[/video]

Well, can't get it embedded right with Tinypic. Tips welcome if you have any.

Last edited:
Yep, I ran dry on the last run, transitioned to pistol, ran it dry, and that's when I made the throwing motion. I told Pete from LPR I knew I could knock out at least one more bad guy with a fast-ball (fast-pistol?) to the head. I would've gone for my knife, but we weren't allowed to move that far in front of our shooting position.

I haven't fired that much ammo in two days since being on active duty. And even after 16 years of active and reserve service I learned a lot (a whole lot) from this course. Shoot, move and communicate!

Train like you fight, because you will fight as you train. (I know that usually precludes throwing your pistol at the last bad guy)

Yep, I ran dry on the last run, transitioned to pistol, ran it dry, and that's when I made the throwing motion. I told Pete from LPR I knew I could knock out at least one more bad guy with a fast-ball (fast-pistol?) to the head. I would've gone for my knife, but we weren't allowed to move that far in front of our shooting position.

I haven't fired that much ammo in two days since being on active duty. And even after 16 years of active and reserve service I learned a lot (a whole lot) from this course. Shoot, move and communicate!

Train like you fight, because you will fight as you train. (I know that usually precludes throwing your pistol at the last bad guy)

LOL, I had forgotten about you running dry on the pistol too. The great thing about this training is seeing what that looks like and then thinking about how to react. I didn't happen to catch on camera the multiple times I failed to transition to pistol after running dry, but went immediately to reloading the rifle. It wasn't till Pete pointed out that I was reloading without cover that I saw the value in transitioning even after I'd "finished the drill".

BTW, in observance of OPSEC (lol), I'll let each shooter/member ID themselves. I'm not too OPSEC-ie myself as my name is right on my shirt and plate carrier.

I figured y'all would of mentioned me shooting 1 of my 3 bad guys in the foot on the timed multiple targets up close that we did....

Last edited:
We are about as far from opsec as you could get. Hehehehe, but it was way more fun than the video suggest. I wish we would have gotten the moving around live people with live rounds on video. It made me trust my life with each and every one of you guys. I too am digesting what i learned, ie. changing the sights on my glock, shedding weight from my rifle, rethinking my chest rig setup and kit and replacing the vortex strikefire optics with something much more reliable. I broke the power switch on the last set of drills. Btw. I am the only one wearing a boonie hat.

I hope we can all do it again either this fall or spring. I am too old and fat to be running around in 100 deg heat. LOL.

That photo you posted of Pete on Hamid Karzia PSD Detail says it all. That gig is a Tier One Op slot ONLY! Not many around that have the operational experience to even apply for that gig.

LPR instruction is money well spent. As a matter of fact, it is underpriced in my opinion. I would add that The Craft (Spicer's former home) and Fulcrum Concepts are on par with LRP. I have no interest or profit in any way from any of these organizations. I have attend training conducted by all three as well as a few others and although it was on someone else's dime, after having attended I would gladly pay my own way to gain the knowledge/skill set these men impart. IMHO these three are the tip of the spear in the current Threat, Intel, Tactical/Operational instruction community. As alwasy YMMV.

All the vid and pics I have are now up on the GMSA album.

I wanted to give a shout out to CQB27 for his spot on assessment of the caliber of this class. YMMV is always a good caveat, but in this case, I think we all got max mileage on this trip.

All the vid and pics I have are now up on the GMSA album.

I wanted to give a shout out to CQB27 for his spot on assessment of the caliber of this class. YMMV is always a good caveat, but in this case, I think we all got max mileage on this trip.

Absolutely!!

I just returned to work today and spoke with our employee pass coordinator, it will be no problem to get pete and his full kit of firearms free airfare using my employee pass benefits. It would save us about $600 in cost. Let me know if and when we could put another class together. Hopefully next spring before it gets so hot.

Back
Top Bottom