• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Go up in caliber as you got older?

Boogar Presley

Army Icon Supporter
Ordinary average guy
24   0
Reaction score
Always carried 9mm or 357sig. Never saw the attraction to carry a 45acp or 10mm. My father-in-law always thought 9mm was too weak but my rebuttal has always been you get more capacity from a very capable caliber. For some reason now I'm beginning to see things his way and am wanting the more powerful 45 to edc. No idea why other than I'll see 60 in less years than I have fingers on one hand. Anybody else go up in caliber as you got older ?

I started with 9 mm, went to 40 cal, 44 mag as edc, now at 60 I'm back to 9 mm w/ Lehigh defense. I've had most of the popular calibers but stuck with these.

Yep, but it was because of price and the fact it wasn't made yet. I started with a Saturday night special in 22. Then a model 60 for a while. Then Beretta 950 in 25, Beretta 3032, Sig P238 and Double Tap 45. Those were just pocket pistols. Full size Started with 1911 45 and 357 revolver. At one point was a S&W model 29 6" barrel in a shoulder rig. The 1911s started with a Government Model, then Commander to a Defender. But always 45. As I got older I also got proficient at shooting as well

Well crap, I don't fit the mold yet again. Started out carrying a Redhawk many many years ago, then a Glock 21 for a LOOOONG time, then carried a Glock 26, and now I feel pretty content with a little Glock 42 in my pocket all the time.

I think we have a lot better defense loads today that will make up the deference, between 9 and 45 I still carry a 9 with good bullets.reminder always make sure your gun will cycle the loads you carry.

Back
Top Bottom