• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Golden Tiger 7.62x39 back in stock at SGammo

Thanks for doing it. What headstamp is on Wolf ammo?
image.jpg

Reactions: MRH
I read a lot about the GT yesterday out of curiosity. Some reports saying the bullet tumbles better, especially out of SBRs. I have never noticed any keyholing from it. For ak ammo, I consider that a plus. I'll try some in an sbr soon or if someone has one to test or just shoot it out of an ak pistol.

I bought a couple cases last night because it performed better than I remembered. Last time I tried it, GT was hitting way over in the right while everything else hit on the left but it may have been a messy batch or who knows.

I like to buy at $0.20 per round but stock was getting low and I wanted a little more in storage. Sgammo does seem to get it in regularly throughout the year though.

Thanks for the thread MRH!

Reactions: MRH
Where at? Those two are my favorite

It was pure luck. My coworker found an unopened case (500 rounds) at a pawn shop for $125 (out the door). He called and asked if I wanted some and I said I would take it all. He said he wanted 100 rounds, so he took 100 for $25 and I took the remaining 400 for $100 even.

The pawn shop owner said a guy brought it in needing cash the day before. I bet the guy only got like $50 for it all!

Again, pure luck.

I read a lot about the GT yesterday out of curiosity. Some reports saying the bullet tumbles better, especially out of SBRs. I have never noticed any keyholing from it. For ak ammo, I consider that a plus. I'll try some in an sbr soon or if someone has one to test or just shoot it out of an ak pistol.

I bought a couple cases last night because it performed better than I remembered. Last time I tried it, GT was hitting way over in the right while everything else hit on the left but it may have been a messy batch or who knows.

I like to buy at $0.20 per round but stock was getting low and I wanted a little more in storage. Sgammo does seem to get it in regularly throughout the year though.

Thanks for the thread MRH!

I appreciate the testing you did. From what I can tell none of those brands are bad, and I have always known that AK's are underrated for their accuracy. I like the boat tails because I have always used them for hunting.

I shot some yesterday and was pulling right with my GT as well. Then I realized I was digging too deep with my trigger finger and when I corrected the problem I was lined up again. A user problem, not the ammo. I have hardly ever shot 7.62x39 that I did not like. Some are dirtier but they shoot fine.

Shhhh! Don't tell everyone until I have multiple 50 cal cans full! Lol! Ever since we talked about this ammo, I have been waiting on it to return. Thanks for the tip!

On a side note, I got 400 rounds of Silver Bear hollow point for $100 2 weeks ago.

Awesome man. I like Silver Bear very much. I usually shoot Brown Bear because it is slightly cheaper but any of the 3 Bears are great in my book. It was my favorite until I discovered GT.

Back
Top Bottom