• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Good books about shooting?

BamaFan

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
340   0
Reaction score
I'm about to try my hand at a little longer-range shooting and am wondering if there are any good instructional books on the topic I should read. For that matter, I'd love to hear recommendations for any shooting books that are really worth the time.

I found this one very helpful when I was first getting into long range shooting.

https://www.amazon.com/Long-Range-S...g+handbook&dpPl=1&dpID=51Az5fUWbTL&ref=plSrch

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
4eb0f4f0aba5bbf6316348be9f5b5b12.jpg

"Better Shooting" by Pullum and Hannenkrat (sp-?) is directed primarily at position Rifle shooters, but is a good read for anybody who wants to improve their shooting, no matter what kind...

I am sure this is an unpopular opinion but you can learn most anything from forums and youtube videos. It can be hard to self diagnose issues so then I would say take a class. Books are basically out of date forums, just make sure you get your info from multiple sources and try not to take what one person says as gospel. Snipers hide is good for PRS style shooting and accurate shooter is good for BR and F Class style shooting. reddit is also an OK place to get info r/longrange

Edit: Applied Ballistics has good books about ballistics but it isn't necessary. It may seem like you should learn that stuff but it doesn't matter, a ballistics calculator will give you your drop tables. From there you just need to learn to read wind.

Back
Top Bottom