• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Good night crock pot, sleep tight.

ClassicBlue

Default rank <5000 posts
Friends don’t let friends buy cheap guns!
431   0
Reaction score
image.jpeg

11:25 PM and I just loaded up the crock pot to work its magic while I sleep. 4lb chuck roast with potatoes, carrots, celery, mushrooms, and onion. Seasoned with all sorts of spices and beef broth and a dash of red wine. Giddy up!

That's whats for breakfast?
It's supposed to be tomorrow nights dinner. We got a call about an hour ago from distant family asking if they could stay the night tomorrow evening, they're passing through on the way to N.C. When my wife mentioned dinner, they were quick to point out that they don't eat red meat. I decided to go ahead and cook the roast so it'll cool down and I can get it in the fridge for dinner Friday night. I guess we'll be serving some sort of chicken dish tomorrow evening.

What T's me off is the only time we ever hear from these people is when they're passing through and need a place to crash. My wife has a big heart and can't say no.

It's supposed to be tomorrow nights dinner. We got a call about an hour ago from distant family asking if they could stay the night tomorrow evening, they're passing through on the way to N.C. When my wife mentioned dinner, they were quick to point out that they don't eat red meat. I decided to go ahead and cook the roast so it'll cool down and I can get it in the fridge for dinner Friday night. I guess we'll be serving some sort of chicken dish tomorrow evening.

What T's me off is the only time we ever hear from these people is when they're passing through and need a place to crash. My wife has a big heart and can't say no.

I'm afraid I would suggest they hit KFC before showing up at the house......unless they want to learn to like red meat.....just saying........ ( I have one of those soft hearted wives as well )

View attachment 828098
11:25 PM and I just loaded up the crock pot to work its magic while I sleep. 4lb chuck roast with potatoes, carrots, celery, mushrooms, and onion. Seasoned with all sorts of spices and beef broth and a dash of red wine. Giddy up!
sounds good. do you sear the roast on all sides before putting in the crock pot?

Back
Top Bottom