• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Good night crock pot, sleep tight.

It's supposed to be tomorrow nights dinner. We got a call about an hour ago from distant family asking if they could stay the night tomorrow evening, they're passing through on the way to N.C. When my wife mentioned dinner, they were quick to point out that they don't eat red meat. I decided to go ahead and cook the roast so it'll cool down and I can get it in the fridge for dinner Friday night. I guess we'll be serving some sort of chicken dish tomorrow evening.

What T's me off is the only time we ever hear from these people is when they're passing through and need a place to crash. My wife has a big heart and can't say no.

I feel your pain. I am from Ohio. Every friend, or distant relative I have ever met tends to want to stop by "because it has been sooooo long since they've seen us" - on their way to Florida vacations. We used to cook and try to be gracious hosts and such. The last time my sister rolled through with her crew I came home with $5 Little Ceaser pizzas and went to bed at 10.

Back
Top Bottom