Good price on Ruger 10/22

fuelman1

Default rank <3000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
87   0
Reaction score
284C1170-F660-45E9-BB5D-EB21F2E35DBD.jpeg

That’s a good price on these. Bass Pro/Cabelas.

If I remember correctly, the Ruger 10/22 that my dad bought for me when I was 12 years old cost $129.

Ten years later, I wanted another one to build into a different configuration, and the MSRP on them back in the early 1990s was about $200, but I think I found a sale for $159, and bought it at that price.

So now you're showing me an ad for them at only $179, another 27 years later?

Can I buy milk and gasoline for 99 cents a gallon, too?

I want a second chance to buy that new Mazda pickup truck (2WD, standard cab, no A/C) for $5,999.

Where is that time machine back to 1990?
Let me in !!

P.S. I am not a fan of the clumsy-feeling wood stock on the standard 10/22 rifles, but I don't like how nearly all synthetic stocks are black. Black is an ugly color, I think. Brings up feelings of death and darkness and demons and Satanic stuff (which is why American pop culture is in love with the color black, and use it on EVERYTHING.)

So this rifle comes with what I think is the ideal stock.
And many people say that the standard Ruger 10/22's barrel band impairs accuracy.
I've never found that to be the case on the two Rugers I own, but then, I took them out of their wood stocks after owning them only a short time. I did experiment with the barrel bands on, and off, and with moderate tension vs. heavy tension on the screw. No difference in accuracy in my experience.

These new rifles come with slimmer stocks that do not use any barrel band. I like that. Keeps things simple. One less thing to worry about.

BUT, I see they've eliminated the iron sights. That's a cost-saving measure, I'm sure. No big deal to most people--- iron sights are old-fashioned anyway. Every generation has fewer and fewer shooters with a half-decent level of skill with open sights.

This new 10/22 has an extended magazine release, it seems. Good.
The standard 10/22 mag release was too difficult to use, especially one-handed. Took a lot of getting used to.

I bought one in 2008 for $139 on sale at Bass Pro. I bought a bull barrel and a sweet Boyds laminate thumbhole stock for it. It's pretty gun and shoots great. This is very tempting and would make a great base for another bull barrel 10/22. The thing that will probably keep me from buying it is my desire to not mess with the mall traffic at BP in Savannah.

Not sure if Academy is listing at this price but if not, they will match and beat by 5%

EDIT: Academy shows ship to store only on their website. $199.99. So unless you can find one on the rack at your local store they wont match/beat the other prices.

Back
Top Bottom