• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

got back to working on the 1915 stevens Favorite

piratebob64

Default rank <1000 posts
Frontiersman
70   0
Reaction score
stevens favorite 001.jpgstevens favorite 002.jpgstevens favorite 003.jpgstevens favorite 004.jpgstevens favorite 005.jpg
I started out with complete 1915 favorite in 22LR it had the octagon to round barrel with normal stock and forearm.
The old barrel left a little to be desired in rifling so I found a NOS 32 cal barrel blank which i had cut down to 20" OAL. I had the barrel lined with a 17 mach barrel liner. I have flat file the receiver squared the face. I sourced a beautiful piece of burl maple which I have been working on fitting and shaping to the receiver. I also sourced a NOS rear crescent but plate casting that i have been fitting. Initialy I had planned for a long front forearm as seen in picture two. After looking at it decided to cut it back to 6". I think it looks better with the shorter forearm. This morning I sat down at my work bench and slowly began to polish the receiver and all other parts.
Now that it is polished I have to mask off the all vertical areas of gun so that I can bead blast everything else. I will then rust blue the gun all the flats will be high polish blue with all other areas having a matte blue finish to include the but plate. As for the stock and forearm it will be oil finished only! I refuse to mill dovetail cuts in the barrel for sights but I have scope mount design that will allow me to mount the vintage Steel tubed Weaver K10 AO it is also getting re-done in high polish blue, Unless I can find Unertal style scope priced reasonably. I will post more information as I go along. Been working on it for a while and in no particular hurry. Let me know what you think of this project!

Back
Top Bottom