• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Got my dad his first pig...

Death by Selection

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
14   0
Reaction score
Well yall my dad has been in Iraq since last October so when I found out he would be coming home for R&R I decided to find somewhere to get him his first hog. I started talking with a member of the GON forum and he invited my dad, my brother, and myself out to kill some pigs. We headed out the other morning early because it was a pretty good drive. We got out there just in time to get in the stand right at first light. My dad and my brother were hunting together and Josh and myself headed to another spot. We sat for most of the morning and were suprised that we hadnt herd any shots yet. At about 9:00-9:30 we head up that way, and as soon as we pulled into the field that my dad and my brother were in we herd two shots ring out. My brother had hit his in the spine and she got off in the woods alittle bit so we had to go finish her off real fast. My dad thought he missed the one he shot at and with all the excitment in finding my brothers we missed his pig laying in the middle of the field. After we got back from lunch we noticed buzzards in the middle of the field and sure enough there was my dad first hog laying there. I guess when the group ran off the were all together and they didnt see him drop like a rock from the headshot lol. They arnt very big, but we left out that night with two hogs on the back of the truck. My dad was wanting to get the big sow that was with them, but we kind of made it a shoot now or not at all type deal and he wanted to make a good shot which he did! It was my fault that we missed his pig in the field as im the one that went and got my brothers, but we found both hogs and had a great time hunting together. He goes back to Iraq Saturday, but will be home just in time for rifle season to start up so we'll get to do a good bit of hunting together next deer season. Sorry for the long story, but I hope yall enjoyed it.

I want to give a big thanks to Josh and his family for letting us come out and hunt. They are some of the nicest people you'll ever meet and we had a blast.

Sorry about the bad pic yall.

i641.photobucket.com_albums_uu135_lungbuster123_2010_20Hunting_20Pictures_pigs.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom