• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Got one more change in the works, opinions?

Okuma

Space Force Icon Supporter
crocodylus pontifex
Staff member
Administrator
275   0
Reaction score
One last change is in the works but isn't finished. Wanted to get some opinions from you guys so we can get it right.

It will be a new system for Marking threads as sold and for relisting items. You can still do it how you always have, or you can do it this new way.

There will be two new buttons in your listing only visible by you. One will be for marking your item as sold, and the other will be for relisting your item.

When you click "Mark as Sold!" the site closes the thread, adds "Item Sold" to the beginning of the thread title, and creates a post at the end of the thread that says "Item Gone!"

After 72 hours (It won't work before 72 hours), you can click the "Relist My Item" button." The site creates a new listing identical to the old one, then closes the old thread, adds "Item relisted!" to the beginning of the title, and edits the first post to say "Item has been relisted, here is a link to the new ad."

Also if your thread is open after 72 hours the site will send you a PM with a link to relist your item and a link to mark your item as sold. You do not have to do either of those things, it just serves as a reminder that your ad is still up and that you can relist if you want to.

Opinions?

That sounds perfect... please make sure that the pictures show up on the new posting. Maybe that will keep people from linking to the link of the original post. :)

I would suggest just "gone" instead of "Sold" in the title. Then it works with Trades, Sales and Withdrawals. I would prefer if it did not add a post so it does not rise to the top. What's the use if it is gone?

Back
Top Bottom