• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Gotta a new project toy

greg vess

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Elite Idiot
120   1
Reaction score
I picked this up finally. It a Reagent R200S made from a division of Walther. It's a elcheapo but it shoots good and reliable and accurately. It has a good base for Wilson Combat internals and Ed Brown springs. I have some good polishing bits coming to see what I can do with what it has but good hard Bullet Proof parts from Wilson will make sure it's stays reliable for a long, long time as I am not sure if the hardness of the internals it has now. So far I have about six hours in it now. Just deburring some of the big parts and taking the edge of the slide serrations. They were sharp enough to darn near cut you. The only reason I bought this one is because where the gun shop was I could take it out and shoot it. I hadn't been shot but I ran some fmj. rounds and some hollow points and it ate em up no problem at all. In fact I ran 3 different self defense rounds through it and it went through them like they were butter. Not bad for what it is but it will be a real good gun when I am done. Anything can be made good with the right parts and some hard hours in it.
It came with nice Novak 3 dot sights, Houge rubber grips, ambi safety, front and rear serrations, skeleton trigger and hammer. Got it and a box of ammo for just shy of 475. It was pre owned but never shot. Not a bad deal for a gun that runs smoothly and accurately. I like it for what it can be. The trigger is atrocious but that is to be expected for the money.
IMG_20230306_063202690.jpg
IMG_20230306_063141384~2.jpg

Sweet ! Looks like a good base and sounds like you have a solid plan in mind for it.
Give us an update when you are done with it !!

Well this thing is a Tisas t0620. The cast parts are pretty rough so I had to clean the edges up on them and knock down all the sharp edges and clean up a little bit. I went inside and honed all the parts cleaned them up lubed them real good and I got it got the trigger pul down about 2 lbs from what it was ( a solid 8lbs. ) with just what I had. I figured that'd get a lot better once I get some good parts to go in it. But now it's got a good smooth crisp trigger pull sends rounds down range fairly good. There's no way around it I'm just going to have to spend some money on the internals. For what it started out to be and where it is now is a big difference. And it's not too bad of little gun actually so it's worth pudding a few dollars into.
IMG_20230309_185946191.jpg

Well I spoke to Steve Kelly at Wilson Combat today and he gave me a little spring combination that he thinks will help me out a little with lowering the pull weight. It's just four different springs at a particular pound compression that he said should make a really nice addition to just the stock parts that I've doctored up. That plus an adjustable trigger to get rid of some of the travel. Once the trigger is set it has no creep at all but to get rid of that travel and the shorten up the reset would be a vast improvement. So I'll have a lot of the Wilson Combat parts in it but the hard parts are going to come after I try this. Plus the four springs in the trigger are only 52 bucks so I figure that's a small investment hopefully lose a couple pounds on the pull.

Well I went with the Wilson Combat ones since Steve Kenny at WC took so much time with me the other day. I ordered the hammer, recoil, firing pin and flat spring. I also threw a adjustable trigger in the cart as well to eliminate the small bit of travel it has. Other than the travel it has no creep and a good short reset. I also found a stainless mainspring housing with a magwell affixed. So with those parts I will be well on my way. I also have a guy here in Lynchburg who is going to make me a deal in some lightning cuts on the slide more for aesthetics than anything and the price is well worth it. I am trying to replicate the Smith&Wesson performance center 1911 because it really is a sexy gun. Even for a set of blue G10 grips. I figure it's a lot better than shucking out 1,800 for the S&W. I don't have illusions of mine being as refined as the Smithy but it will look cool.
Next order will be the disconnector, sear and hammer if I can't get it down to 4 or 5 lbs. which is a comfortable, safe pull weight for a carry gun. I get a little Leary of anything under 3.5 to 4.0 lbs. for a carry piece. In a semi auto SA that is carried cocked and locked that is. I will post pics aftér I am done.

Back
Top Bottom