• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Grandsons first fish :)

BHJ

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
37   0
Reaction score
Well I picked up my oldest grandson (5) who is on spring break this week determined to make it a great week.
We went to the grocery store this morning and he drove a spaceship shaped grocery buggy like he stole it with me providing propulsion . (Yeah in the south they're not carts they're buggys) We slid it around every corner and even did a couple of donuts in the dairy isle while stocking up on kid friendly (Pops spoil em) type groceries.
After that we dropped off the aluminum cans at the recycling center where he cleared $11.70 for his piggy bank.
Then it was time to take him on his first fishing trip. I called a cousin thinking we'd ease out of town slip by his farm and maybe catch a couple of bream. He said why don't yall pick up some frozen shrimp and give the catfish a try. It was about 72 today, so after lunch we headed out with shrimp in the cooler.
After a tour of the farm in a mule (4 wheeled kind) checking out the animals we headed over to the pond and wet a hook. After about 20 minutes he got a bite and what a bite it was. I sure am glad I still have my fishing pole .
His first fish ever was this 8#3oz catfish and he pulled it in by himself. I know better than to lip a fish that big and yes he reminded me why :)
Catfish and hushpuppies for supper MMMM! After we got home my grandson said "Im a catfishin fireball" :) I told him "Yes you sure are"
He also caught his second fish that was no slouch either and probably went about 4 or 5 #

Good times great memories

I am jealous. I took mine to a pay lake in Clermont years ago. There was an old fella who kept pulling out Catfish about that size while we were catching nothing. I asked him what he was using for bait, and he said worms. I told him we were using worms also; he said but I soaked mine last night in Jim Beam. Just think what the young man could catch with that tip.

Back
Top Bottom