• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Grass Seed Recommendations

Swab

Default rank <2500 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
153   0
Reaction score
Trying to get ready for the fall Fescue planting season and hoping someone has a good recommendation on where to get seed. I always feel like I'm getting bent over when I buy from the big box stores. Last bag I bought was from Tractor Supply and so far, I feel like that was the best value to date.

I'll be over seeding/patching about 8000 sq ft and new lawn planting 5000 - 7000 sq ft.

Anybody have any leads for me?

What part of town are we talking? I go to Cherokee Feed and Seed. I’d look to see if there are any similar store in your area. Also could contact some landscaping companies and ask them where they get their seed.

You might check with a real feed and seed dealer if you are rural enough. Most of the commercial grass seed I see around here comes from 2 or 3 processors in Alabama.

What part of town are we talking? I go to Cherokee Feed and Seed. I’d look to see if there are any similar store in your area. Also could contact some landscaping companies and ask them where they get their seed.
Cherokee seed and feed doesn't look like too far of a drive on a weekend. Do they carry different seed than the 50lb generic bags that TS carries?

Cherokee seed and feed doesn't look like too far of a drive on a weekend. Do they carry different seed than the 50lb generic bags that TS carries?
I’d give them a call, they always have all kinds of stuff in stock and can usually order it for you if they not have it.

I have seen combine run fescue seed available in the past. It was considerably cheaper than the bagged stuff, but the minimum purchase amount was likely more than you want. I was planting 75 acres at the time.

Back
Top Bottom