• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Grenadier coming to US

ECD Auto Design in Florida builds restomod Land Rovers of all generations.

Everything is spec'd by the customer, including choice of GM crate LS or fully electric powertrains

They have a youtube channel showcasing their builds:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyZ91n51FX7iBwyVoIW9HPA

Project-Grover-feature.jpg
Project-Island-Girl-feature.jpg

Damn, man, I was worried for a minute. When I saw "Grenadier coming to the U.S." I thought the Brits were going to invade us again!

Instead it's just another expensive Range Rover with a metric tonne of British electronics, Insufficient Front and Rear suspension, and questionable parts / service availability and durability. Watch their videos and see it going over mild terrain while lifting wheels in the air. I like the "Wade Mode" that allows you to go through, oh, it looks like 8 to 10 inches of puddle that wouldn't stop a Nissan Altima.

And then 'off-road mode':
From their video: "To turn on Off-Road mode, press the overhead 'off-road' switch for one second, release, and then press it again within 15 seconds to confirm".

I mean, seriously, if you try to take it off road the Grenadier ITSELF is asking you "Are you SURE you really want to go off road?" You have to tell it TWICE that you want to go off road. They know their customers and how they're going to use these things.

I prefer the simpler times: You want to go in 'Off-Road' mode? Shift this lever.

Damn, man, I was worried for a minute. When I saw "Grenadier coming to the U.S." I thought the Brits were going to invade us again!

Instead it's just another expensive Range Rover with a metric tonne of British electronics, Insufficient Front and Rear suspension, and questionable parts / service availability and durability. Watch their videos and see it going over mild terrain while lifting wheels in the air. I like the "Wade Mode" that allows you to go through, oh, it looks like 8 to 10 inches of puddle that wouldn't stop a Nissan Altima.

And then 'off-road mode':
From their video: "To turn on Off-Road mode, press the overhead 'off-road' switch for one second, release, and then press it again within 15 seconds to confirm".

I mean, seriously, if you try to take it off road the Grenadier ITSELF is asking you "Are you SURE you really want to go off road?" You have to tell it TWICE that you want to go off road. They know their customers and how they're going to use these things.

I prefer the simpler times: You want to go in 'Off-Road' mode? Shift this lever.

I think you mean, shift this lever AND THEN GET OUT AND LOCK THE HUBS...hahah.

Back
Top Bottom