• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Grid Down

What are the 3 most important items during extended grid down event?

• Guns and Ammo

• Supply of Food

• Supply of Water

• Medical Supplies

• Solar Generator

• Gas/Fuel

• A Plan

• Friends

• Bug-out Location

• Gold

Results are only viewable after voting.
You are much more prepared than me. I have guns and ammo. Plenty of meat and water around but it would need to be boiled first.
I started getting half way serious about it a couple of years ago. I carry a gun every day for self defense and defense of others. When I realized it is probably more likely that either in my lifetime or the life of my children we would have to deal with a long term power outage from EMP, than the chances of me needing my CC weapon, it just made sense to start getting prepared for it.

One thing that helped a lot was the subscription services you can get on Amazon. There are many items you can subscribe to and get automatically delivered every month or two depending on how you set it up. You also get substantial discounts if you have enough on subscription. It also helps to know that the expiration dates on canned goods are BS. As long as it was properly canned to start with and the seal in not broken, canned food stays good forever. I've eaten C-Rations that were over 40 years old. Quite a lot of them.

Here's a hint on that food source. There are probably several of you reading this right now that have well over a 100lbs of it within 50 yards of you.

Everything you "Need" is in them woods. Books on edible wild plants are $10-$15
One of the first things I did was build a library of books about different skills when there is no power or outside help. One of the weak points in my prep is having all the tools needed to utilize those skills. I'm working on it, but some of them are not easy to find and some are surprisingly expensive.

Back
Top Bottom