• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Grip adapters on old revolvers

GeorgiaShooter

Default rank <500 posts Supporter
Survivalist
43   0
Reaction score
Never ceases to amaze me how well these old things work. Already had grip adapter on the nickel model 10 but just acquired the model 19. Decided to put original grips-stocks back on and add a black grip adapter. It did several things for the model 19 from pointing naturally, making my trigger press more straight to the rear instead of upward angle and fills the hand and improves my grip. I think the most dramatic improvement was on my moms old 1953 snubby 38 which never really felt right in your hand unless you shot from retention.

I still like the custom grips that perform the same function by filling in that area but this imo does a better job of preserving the old vibe and value of the gun. I've always loved the deep finish of the little 38's grips. It's not super fun to shoot though and the factory trigger is pretty stout. The nickel gun shoots like a dream. I can hit the tie breaker dot in the middle of a B8 bull @25Y with both the model 10 and 19 with surprising ease. Of course the model 19 has adjustable sights. The nickel doesn't but it's naturally zeroed perfectly.

I got the new black adapters from BK but the ivory colored might have been a different source. I had to fit it but the black ones went right on. I also had to grind polish and custom fit the imitation ivory grips to make them perfect. 4 small copper straps bend and hold adapter to the frame. Huge upgrade for about 25$.

1664479465998.png

If any of yall have a spare Tyler #3 to fit an ole K frame, Id much rather give my money to a brother on here than to order from online...figured its worth a chance. Black or stainless but I think I prefer stainless

Back
Top Bottom