• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Grip/Stock recommendation for a 686

I just find it amazing that you carry a 4" every day ! I think that's awesome ! For my Smith's I've got a different pair of shoes for every day of the week, some are dress shoes , some are for a more athletic need, some are simply because I like them ... simply accessorize

Wow. Thanks for all of the pics! I ended up ordering a set or Ahrends tactical round butt grips. Ill try to get some photos up once the come in!

Reactions: JWC
Howdy Folks!

Im sure many of you have been in this spot before, so I was hoping maybe someone could shed some light on my situation.

My 4" 686 has been my EDC for about six months now, and its been great. I started carring it when my Sig p320 had to go back to the factory, and even after the 320 came back, ive never wanted to carry anything else than the 686!

However, as winter comes to a close, im getting curious about finding some more compact grips, to make summer concealment a little easier. My revolver is a round butt frame, and it curently wears hogue rubber round-to-square butt grips with finger grooves. These grips fit my hands perfectly, but that big pointed butt tends to print through my cover garment, especially while sitting.

Ive looked into some of the hogue rubber grips, including their Bantam rubber grips, which seem very popular. And at $18 dollars, they seem like a steal. Im just worried they will be too small for my hands. It looks like the finger grooves are the same as my current grips, but the round but portion seems so thin..

Does anyone have any experience with these, or other compact grips for a sw L frame? Thanks in advance!
Hogue grips that are VERY comfy.
686-6.jpg

Back
Top Bottom