• Trader Joes

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Aldi

Votes: 9 9.9%
  • Tacos

Votes: 8 8.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
They are sliding down that hill though also sad to say…
Don’t care nearly as much as they used to but neither does anyone else..
Ingles for the win…they still religiously clean and rotate their stock…
Store may look old and behind the times but all their stock is steadily rotated..
That's a reason I've abandoned Kroger. Publix is more pricey, but things are fresh, in date, and no sour faces.

Sam's Club has chicken wings on the regular for $1.98/lb. Pork back ribs are $2.78/lb. Not too bad in Joe Biden's economy.
But you gotta go deep into the ghetto to go to Sam's. I mean I know you're used to it...no disrespect.
On a related note it's looking like middle GA will never get a Costco.

The Kroger in Calhoun hardly ever has everything we need, but good seafood sales.

I typically go to Ingles, which closed in Calhoun,
But Food City has started impressing me.

Aldi because of the prices and Kroger for the things Aldi doesn't carry. HMART for chicken unless Kroger has a sale on Purdue.
I do dig Aldi but not everything they have is good. I recall their coffee being pretty bad. I tried their bottled beer a while back and I was glad I only bought a six pack. But you can't beat their bread aisle and canned goods. Hell I got a cabinet stash of food at work that's mostly Aldi stuff.
Can't remember if it was on the way back from your place or geezer geezer 's house when I passed a Lidl which is supposed to be a big Aldi competitor. I heard Clark Howard talking about it years ago so I knew it had to be cheap.

The Kroger in Calhoun hardly ever has everything we need, but good seafood sales.

I typically go to Ingles, which closed in Calhoun,
But Food City has started impressing me.
I used to live almost right across from the Ingles in Forsyth. It was like a Kroger for rural areas. And man I loved that salad bar... until I got to the register with my box of salad. You can build a $12.00 salad a lot quicker and easier than you would think.

We only have Walmart here (drove out A&P, Food Lion, J&J - all in the same bldg at different times), but we are getting a Publix. Will slide down to Dawsonville for Publix (2 of my Rx were free there until lately) great sales on meats ($6.99 standing rib roast around the holidays, free gallon of ice cream for your birthday, free half gallon on your six month birthday.) Still hit Ingles in Cleveland for the olive bar and cheap gas, Kroger in Dawsonville by mistake. Since our (so-called Super) WalMart does not two of my favorite sausages, I hit the surrounding ones that do carry them (and stockpile the heck out of them when I spot them.)

Back
Top Bottom