• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

GSE AR Pistol Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

dwaywego

Default rank <1500 posts
ODT Junkie!
34   0
Reaction score
I have a GSE Pistol upper which is the second generation, and having a few problems getting it sorted out. I have been having trouble with it not wanting to reset the trigger. I have read some info on hear about things to do, so I am asking for a little help. I am using a Trimney trigger in this gun, and wondering if that is causing an issue. This gun has only had about fifity rounds through it, because of this issue. Thanks in advance for your help.

From what I hear, the GSE kit requires about 500 rounds through it at least for "break in" period since the spring is a little tight at first...

Not sure exactly though. I never could get mine to work right. Swapped to the Ace buffer kit, and it's a little smoother... but it's no AK.

Is it short stroking? Any failure to eject problems? Try these things and then fire it again.

1: Install a one-piece gas ring. Throw away the rings that came with it.
http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=18722/Product/AR-15-MCFARLAND-trade-BOLT-GAS-RING

2: Take the entire buffer tube off and reinstall it in this order. Place the end cap onto the tube and screw it all the way on. Then put the spring into the tube paying attention to make sure that it seats completely against the end cap. Some of the springs will bind inside the GSE tube. If this happens rotate the spring while putting it in the tube. When the spring is in then install it and the tube on the gun.

3: Install a stock fire control group and test fire. This way you can rule out the Timney trigger for being the problem.

If all else fails then contact Ed at GSE. He's super friendly and will help you in any way he can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom