• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Gun clubs that don't require NRA membership?

ITmaD

Default rank <100 posts
Hunter
10   0
Reaction score
Evening all,

Thread title says it all pretty much. I've been wanting to do a little more shooting and really was trying to find a Outdoor range or Gun Club that offer steel targets, skeet, and trap but nearly every single club I come across requires a NRA membership does anyone have any recommendations or know any facilities that that don't have that kind of pre-requisite to become a member?

Cherokee requires it. Pretty sure Riverbend does too. Atleast to join initially.

Cherokee is about a 3 hour wait and not accepting new applications last I checked

Not sure what all is offered but there are some state DNR facilities that have trap and skeet. You might can find one with steel targets. Tom Lowe Shooting Grounds for skeet and trap. South River Gun Club is open to the public some hours. Cherokee Gun Club has open to the public events on their calendar.

You could always buy an "associate membership" for $10. That gets you a member number but little else.

It's what I recommended to "conscientious objectors" who wanted to join our club while the requirement was in effect (dropped 3 years ago).

You could always buy an "associate membership" for $10. That gets you a member number but little else.

It's what I recommended to "conscientious objectors" who wanted to join our club while the requirement was in effect (dropped 3 years ago).

I was going to say - I'm in that group of dissidents who are dissatisfied with current NRA leadership but is supportive of the training 'mission'. Associate membership is "good enough" and saves me gettintg magazines I don't want or need in the mail, and yet ensures I can also renew my Instructor certs easily and inexpensively.

What club are you apart of?

River Bend requires membership in NRA or equivalent pro gun group. I would check with the club manager to see what other groups qualify.
I'll check them out too

Thanks for all the replies as well guys.

Back
Top Bottom