• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Gun range in Pooler/Savannah

freedom

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
97   0
Reaction score
I drove by one in, I think, Pooler today. Anyone know it, have any feedback?

I'm down here putting up cables downed by the storm, looking for something to do on my one off day coming up.

It's a nice place, prices so so. That's pretty much the only one in Savannah. One on the South side closed a couple months ago.
There was, is one over on the S.C. side of the Talmadge bridge. About 4 miles up. Haven't gone up that way in a couple years.
Can't be sure they are still there. The only other public range is the DNR range about 10 miles S.E. of Richmond Hill. They have it on the DNR site. Also have to have a GORP to use the range, It is closed on Tuesdays. May or may not be open now due to the storm.
Mike

PSA has a store and range off 278 on the highway to Beaufort and Paris Island.

It is within several miles of 278.

It's a nice place, prices so so. That's pretty much the only one in Savannah. One on the South side closed a couple months ago.
There was, is one over on the S.C. side of the Talmadge bridge. About 4 miles up. Haven't gone up that way in a couple years.
Can't be sure they are still there. The only other public range is the DNR range about 10 miles S.E. of Richmond Hill. They have it on the DNR site. Also have to have a GORP to use the range, It is closed on Tuesdays. May or may not be open now due to the storm.
Mike

I miss the one on the southside, slightly. You could shoot all day for $11, but anyone and everyone breathing would walk in there to shoot and there was only like 6 lanes. There were times I seen some young Thundercats from across the street (it was literally across the street from a university) actually shoot the side walls, target support line, and supports in the ceiling, repeatedly. And them handling the guns was another thing worth cringing about. But I could shoot all day...

Back
Top Bottom