• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Gun Range

josh13579

Default rank <400 posts Supporter
Oh, It's "That" guy
Reaction score
Yup, you read that right. We are a small R&D/Manufacturing firm that has outgrown our space. We are just curious to see if there are any out there for sale or if anyone knows of one that is out of business with the facilities for sale. Looking primarily in the Marietta/Powder Springs area.

If this range is for your own in-house testing, you'd probably be better off building your own facility.
Many older shooting ranges, the ones that are now closed / out of business, generally had mild steel "snail drum" type backstops that would not tolerate high velocity rifle rounds, or any steel-cored or steel-jacketed ammo, even in pistol calibers.
P.S. All the ranges I know of that closed in the last 20 years and were not immediately bought out and re-opened have been bulldozed and replaced with new buildings on that property.
The Bullet Stop-- Sandtown Rd., Marietta.
On Target-- Windy Hill Rd. at Hwy 41, Marietta.
Stoddard's range, (Mableton? Austell?) Bankhead Hwy, Cobb County.
EDITED TO ADD: Yeah, check the old Pannell's place, on Hwy 5 in Woodstock, just south of Hwy 92. I think the building's still there. They closed about 2 years ago, didn't they?

If I recall right, Pennell‘s was for sale too before it closed.
So maybe there’s a slight possibility there still an owner around who would be interested to sell.

If this range is for your own in-house testing, you'd probably be better off building your own facility.
Many older shooting ranges, the ones that are now closed / out of business, generally had mild steel "snail drum" type backstops that would not tolerate high velocity rifle rounds, or any steel-cored or steel-jacketed ammo, even in pistol calibers.
P.S. All the ranges I know of that closed in the last 20 years and were not immediately bought out and re-opened have been bulldozed and replaced with new buildings on that property.
EDITED TO ADD: Yeah, check the old Pannell's place, on Hwy 5 in Woodstock, just south of Hwy 92. I think the building's still there. They closed about 2 years ago, didn't they?

Stoddard's range in Douglasville, Bankhead Hwy, Douglasville burned while it was being rehabbed from the previous owner. They rebuilt and now it is a very busy and active range.

you missed sandy springs gun range when it burned down. I think it was a steal for the location and the sweet setup...for a cool roughly $4 Million...give or take

I'm pretty sure it's been remodeled. It looks updated from the outside. I would imagine that they gutted it. But don't quote me on that.

Back
Top Bottom