• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Gun Season Opener Pictures

Yep. I let my brother in law have it to process it in stead of taking it to the place I usually use. Not worth the $ to pay someone to.

Paid 58 for the 8 point and got it all ground. Netted 25 pounds. I think I got screwed. It was a good sized 8 point and it was a neck shot so not much ruined meat…

If you got 25lbs of only hamburger from an 8pt, then you definitely got screwed, and I would be calling that guy first thing tomorrow. You should have also got the backstraps, roasts, and tenderloins. Generally you can expect to get around 60% of the weight back in meat.

If you got 25lbs of only hamburger from an 8pt, then you definitely got screwed, and I would be calling that guy first thing tomorrow. You should have also got the backstraps, roasts, and tenderloins. Generally you can expect to get around 60% of the weight back in meat.

That's what I've heard. I got 25 pounds including the backstraps which were rather small. I killed a 6 pointer and got more meet than this thing. I'm kinda PO'ed

That's what I've heard. I got 25 pounds including the backstraps which were rather small. I killed a 6 pointer and got more meet than this thing. I'm kinda PO'ed

You are missing the tenderloins and roast tips. The hamburger meat sounds light as well, but it will depend on the size of the deer. Just to give you an idea, I shot a large 10 a couple of weeks back. I did not weigh the meat, but I received 5 brown grocery bags full of meat.

Call him and be nice at first because it could have been a mistake. If he gives you the runaround, tell him you are posting his name on the forums. There is no excuse for that especially with the money you paid.

Back
Top Bottom