• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Gun stores have long charged for CC use but now restaurants?

I've been thinking about stopping CC use for dues at the gun club. We spend thousands on fees every year that we could be using to improve the club.
exactly
i stopped taking them when the fees were more than my overhead for the shop. i literally could have opened another location for what i (no spent) lost due to processing fees...

yea
the fee is what the card company charges the business to accept the cards. thats why i dont take them. the business has an option of
a eating the cost. (seems to be the thing card users think we should do)
b charge more for the product/service. (what cash payers hate)
c charge the card user for the convenience of using the card. ( the fair way it should be)
in the end,if you have money to pay the card...use cash.. if you dont have the money at all and must use a card. sorry,but if you gotta charge it.....dont charge me. if you think the card is easier, then accept the monetary cost of your convenience.
it sucks,but thats how its going .....
do you really want to end paper money?
Most people using a card do it to stretch the cost / payment out so / because they can’t pay for it right of way. Their own little financing. Personally , I have no credit cards anymore. If I want something , I better have the cash.

Most people using a card do it to stretch the cost / payment out so / because they can’t pay for it right of way. Their own little financing. Personally , I have no credit cards anymore. If I want something , I better have the cash.
yes
but in many cases its just easier for them to swipe. if you cant afford to have it/do it and you need to fiance it,dont get upset when you pay a little more for the option. most card are 17 to 28+% so an extra 5% on the original purchase should be no big deal...
i have some cards and understand using them means i pay more for a product. but i dont think its fair to charge the people i am buying from as well...

CC fees have always been around, most places just built the cost into their products to absorb the cost. Credit Card companies charged them 2% processing fees. I believe in 2018 laws for credit card charges changed forcing companies to be transparent. Ten states prohibit credit card surcharges and convenience fees: California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Kansas, Maine, Massachusetts, New York, Oklahoma and Texas. Everywhere else the max they can charge is 4%.

Credit card convenience fees can be charged when a merchant offers an alternative payment method that's different from how they usually accept payment (example: Paypal or Bitcoin). BUT then there's restriction by card type on who can charge those fees. For example, only select government agencies and educational institutions can charge credit card convenience fees to Mastercards. And for American Express, only government agencies, educational institutions, utility companies and rental establishments can charge credit card convenience fees.

CC fees have always been around, most places just built the cost into their products to absorb the cost. Credit Card companies charged them 2% processing fees. I believe in 2018 laws for credit card charges changed forcing companies to be transparent. Ten states prohibit credit card surcharges and convenience fees: California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Kansas, Maine, Massachusetts, New York, Oklahoma and Texas. Everywhere else the max they can charge is 4%.

Credit card convenience fees can be charged when a merchant offers an alternative payment method that's different from how they usually accept payment (example: Paypal or Bitcoin). BUT then there's restriction by card type on who can charge those fees. For example, only select government agencies and educational institutions can charge credit card convenience fees to Mastercards. And for American Express, only government agencies, educational institutions, utility companies and rental establishments can charge credit card convenience fees.

That's where the inflation is hiding. That cost has already been built into the goods we buy these days in most cases. Now we are getting charged the percentage again. Is what it is. Not going away. Actually gonna get a whole lot worse before it we have even a chance at making it better.

Back
Top Bottom