• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Gunbroker, advice needed.

I personally have never had a single problem with Gunbroker, both buying and selling. For a national audience my opinion is that they are the way to go. I do believe whether you use a reserve or not, starting the auction at a penny is the way to go. Those auctions seem to do better than starting at your bottom line price.

I personally have never had a single problem with Gunbroker, both buying and selling. For a national audience my opinion is that they are the way to go. I do believe whether you use a reserve or not, starting the auction at a penny is the way to go. Those auctions seem to do better than starting at your bottom line price.

yeah, ive done that with ebay. Buyers tend to get into the ive got to have it mindset after theyve bid a few times they dont want to "lose"

How does payment work? just get a USPS Money Order? obviously cant use paypal.

I prefer a money order, but I have used cashiers checks, personal checks, and PayPal. I always state in my ads that I will hold the weapon I'm selling for 7 business days after I deposit the check, and that I will accept DISCREET PayPal meaning that the buyer must agree to pay for the item by either saying the payment is for something else or without saying anything at all. I even go on in the ad to explain my reason for this is that PayPal is not gun friendly. I've always spelled that out in my ads and so far have not had any problems. I have a love/hate relationship with PayPal, but I do believe offering them as a payment option increases your bids...at least on every day type stuff.

sold a sw 22a on gun broker. smooth and pleasant transaction. as for paypal i wouldn't use them unless is had to. i buy and sell a lot on ebay. and paypal is the easiest thing for me. if there was an alternative, i'd use that instead

Gunbroker and Auction Arms work fine as long as you have plenty of communication and lay out how the transaction will happen BEFORE the auction ends. With handguns, if you do not have a FFL, you will need to find one to ship the handgun for you. A private seller has to ship via UPS. The added cost of shipping without an FFL will put your price out of the market. A FFL can ship USPS. Their cost is reasonable.

Gunbroker and Auction Arms work fine as long as you have plenty of communication and lay out how the transaction will happen BEFORE the auction ends. With handguns, if you do not have a FFL, you will need to find one to ship the handgun for you. A private seller has to ship via UPS. The added cost of shipping without an FFL will put your price out of the market. A FFL can ship USPS. Their cost is reasonable.

I don't agree with this. I just shipped a Glock to Arizona off a GB auction and it cost $37. I didn't feel like that was unreasonable.

Back
Top Bottom