• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Guns Guns Guns

I just called Dana Safety and they sell to the public. I was invited to "Come on in and check out the inventory."

Until the next shooting I guess. Everyone can decide for themselves but I personally, would pay more (which isn't necessary) to buy from companies that don't wet the bed after a shooting, and are unwavering in their support of the general gun buying population and bill of rights.

Save me the PC crap. I think it’s perfectly fine to hate a company that refuses to sell legal guns to the general, law abiding public anyway. I might have an ounce of respect for them if they at least stick to their word, no matter how irresponsible it may be. To go in and out of this AR market whenever they feel it’s safe shows that’s company has no principle and backbone. I would respect them more if they chose to stick with their misguided decision to stop selling to the public in the first place. Pathetic company

So, knowing they were selling Smith & Wesson Handguns and Rifles during this debacle, I suspect from the below, which is directly from Smith & Wesson, that Dana Safety Supply started following their Contractual Guidelines to make certain they were not at risk for losing their contract when the whole, AR15 incident arose. I seem to remember them stopping the sell of M&P Pistols to Civilians too. Could be a common link.

With that being said, I know there were still selling the ADEQ, Bushmaster and Del Ton Rifles to the Public after the letter was posted. This makes me believe, they were being specific about one product line and since they no longer sell Smith & Wesson on the LE Side, they can sell to whomever they chose.

The below is any companies Blue Label, or Law Enforcement Programs, list of whom they can sell to. I've seen this same list from Glock, Springfield, SIG Sauer, Windham and many others.

Military/LE/1st Responder Program Guns
S&W's LE/Military/1st Responder program which offers many popular S&W weapons at significant discounts to eligible customers. Eligible customers are:
  • Military: Active, Reserve, NG, Retired, Medically Retired, and Service-connected Disabled Veterans
  • Law Enforcement: Federal, State, and Local Active or Retired Sworn Officers
  • Corrections Officers including Parole and Probation Officers
  • 1st Responders: Firefighters, Paramedics, and EMT’s
  • Licensed Federal, State, City and Private Security Officers
  • Commercial Pilots and Federal Flight Deck Officers
  • Court Judges
  • District and Deputy District Attorneys
You MUST qualify as one of the above in order to purchase LE/MIL weapons under the program. In accordance with our manufacturer agreements, we are only permitted to sell LE/Mil program weapons to eligible individuals.

So, knowing they were selling Smith & Wesson Handguns and Rifles during this debacle, I suspect from the below, which is directly from Smith & Wesson, that Dana Safety Supply started following their Contractual Guidelines to make certain they were not at risk for losing their contract when the whole, AR15 incident arose. I seem to remember them stopping the sell of M&P Pistols to Civilians too. Could be a common link.

With that being said, I know there were still selling the ADEQ, Bushmaster and Del Ton Rifles to the Public after the letter was posted. This makes me believe, they were being specific about one product line and since they no longer sell Smith & Wesson on the LE Side, they can sell to whomever they chose.

The below is any companies Blue Label, or Law Enforcement Programs, list of whom they can sell to. I've seen this same list from Glock, Springfield, SIG Sauer, Windham and many others.

Military/LE/1st Responder Program Guns
S&W's LE/Military/1st Responder program which offers many popular S&W weapons at significant discounts to eligible customers. Eligible customers are:
  • Military: Active, Reserve, NG, Retired, Medically Retired, and Service-connected Disabled Veterans
  • Law Enforcement: Federal, State, and Local Active or Retired Sworn Officers
  • Corrections Officers including Parole and Probation Officers
  • 1st Responders: Firefighters, Paramedics, and EMT’s
  • Licensed Federal, State, City and Private Security Officers
  • Commercial Pilots and Federal Flight Deck Officers
  • Court Judges
  • District and Deputy District Attorneys
You MUST qualify as one of the above in order to purchase LE/MIL weapons under the program. In accordance with our manufacturer agreements, we are only permitted to sell LE/Mil program weapons to eligible individuals.

Not buying it. There were plenty of other dealers out there whose sales to everyone was unaffected. The way I remember is they shut off selling to non LE personnel of assault rifles. To be honest I don’t remember about pistols. Clyde’s armory is a S&W LE/MIL dealer and they never stopped selling to average citizens. In that program you must be LE/MIL to qualify for the discount, not to qualify to buy a semi automatic rifle. The above citation has no bearing on whether a private store is willing to sell semi auto “assault rifles” to non-LE/MIL.

Back
Top Bottom