• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Hamburger meat

Gordylew

Firefighter Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
190   0
Reaction score
I used up the last of my moose burger awhile back and the wife does not like deer burger. I do most of the grocery shopping and needed hamburger meat, I usually shop at the Griffin Kroger for the major weeks purchases and run to the local Ingles for filling in between. The last couple of times I bought hamburger at Kroger the meat does not cook up properly and looks weird. Doesn't matter if I buy 73%, 80 % 93 or 97%. When you try to compress it all the color comes out leaving a grayish looking, non- sticking globe of what looks like paper mache. I started going to the local shop here that has really good meat and started buying the hamburger there. It's more expensive but at least it looks like meat, cooks up like meat and actually taste like meat. WTF! Is Kroger selling? Soylent green? Anyone else noticed this?

I used up the last of my moose burger awhile back and the wife does not like deer burger. I do most of the grocery shopping and needed hamburger meat, I usually shop at the Griffin Kroger for the major weeks purchases and run to the local Ingles for filling in between. The last couple of times I bought hamburger at Kroger the meat does not cook up properly and looks weird. Doesn't matter if I buy 73%, 80 % 93 or 97%. When you try to compress it all the color comes out leaving a grayish looking, non- sticking globe of what looks like paper mache. I started going to the local shop here that has really good meat and started buying the hamburger there. It's more expensive but at least it looks like meat, cooks up like meat and actually taste like meat. WTF! Is Kroger selling? Soylent green? Anyone else noticed this?
Don't buy that roll stuff you can't see, I use Ingles ground chuck or if you have a Sam's they have good meats too.

i have never hunted a hamburger before. what do they look like?
try this with your deer meat... if you can grind it yourself... the coolers say they dont, but they cut the tallow into it..
trim every bit a fat off your venison....cut it 70/30 with the cheapest bacon you can find... grind it 3 or 4 times..
some of the best burger i have ever had. using the bacon for the fat adds great flavor and no film left in you mouth...

Go to butcher have him grind u some Chuck roast . Yeah if don’t watch a lot hamburger will filler in meat filler could be anything

The only beef I buy is occasionally a couple steaks and brisket. If you have a grinder, usually cheaper to buy a brisket and grind it than buying ground burger meat and the ground brisket will taste better too. Usually if I'm making burgers I mix ground leftover brisket trimmings with deer burger, about 60/40 deer/brisket.

Back
Top Bottom