• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

HAMFEST Ham Radio Show in Spartainburg SC this Saturday May 7th

Streamline

Default rank <300 posts Lifetime Supporter
Tracker
5   0
Reaction score
HAMFEST in South Carolina.
For all of those that would like to know about this. There is a Hamfest this Saturday May 7th in Spartanburg SC. I was told by a Business associate of mine this is a great event to go to and that this year was shaping up to be the biggest Upstate Hamfest from past years. They also are saying this on the Hamfest FB Page.

This will be my first year going to this event. I will be set up as a commercial vendor selling poles and other gear. So if you come out this Saturday look for my American Flag Proudly Flying and my Military M101A2 Trailer setup.

I carry Military 4ft Aluminum Poles both Ribbed and vintage Smooth poles, I also have New Fiberglass poles instock

I will have a few of my Custom Built powder coated Portable Tripods.

I will also have some Military Radio Vehicle antennas, mounts, cables, Guy wires, antenna ground based tripods, and more...

Ammo Cans that make great Ham Radio / Comms Go Kits.

I will also have for the first time our new Antenna Mast Swivel Base that works with the Aluminum and Fiberglass Military 4ft poles.

Check out my sight for more info about the items I carry.
www.MilitaryPoles.com

Hope to see you there
Hamfest 2013 Gwinette Ga.jpg 35cd237a77de29e9f09bf301d7f5d7f8.jpg
this Saturday May 7th.
Visit Sight below for more info on the Hamfest.
Upstate Hamfest 2016 - Blue Ridge Amateur Radio Society

Attachments

• ham-mast-36ft-kit-3.gif.jpg
    ham-mast-36ft-kit-3.gif.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 17
  • RAD-283 Military Antenna Base with Dial Older.JPG
    RAD-283 Military Antenna Base with Dial Older.JPG
    31 KB · Views: 17
  • ham-radio-mast-flag-pole-hammock-tripod-13.gif
    ham-radio-mast-flag-pole-hammock-tripod-13.gif
    12.9 KB · Views: 13
  • MilAntTriPods.jpg
    MilAntTriPods.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 13
My late father-in-law had an "Extra" rating (his call sign was K2US) and would attend these when he could. His radio setup was incredible, mainly his antenna. It was a 6 element quad on a 120 ft boom, the mast was (if memory serves) 100 ft tall. He used the prop-pitch motor from a WWII B52 bomber to rotate the beast. He was written up many times in many ham magazines, and with the mast collapsed (he could rise it over 300 ft) he would hit Austrailia with 5x5 signals.

My late father-in-law had an "Extra" rating (his call sign was K2US) and would attend these when he could. His radio setup was incredible, mainly his antenna. It was a 6 element quad on a 120 ft boom, the mast was (if memory serves) 100 ft tall. He used the prop-pitch motor from a WWII B52 bomber to rotate the beast. He was written up many times in many ham magazines, and with the mast collapsed (he could rise it over 300 ft) he would hit Austrailia with 5x5 signals.

Sounds like he had a awesome setup for sure! I bet Hammers to day would still look in aw of that set up!

I'd like to go but unfortunately I have to work, I just got my technician license and just starting out in this new hobby.

The show was good. A little smaller attendance then last year I was told. But over all it was good. There is a Hamfest coming up on June 4th in Marietta, GA. You might can make that one if not working. Im hoping to be there as well. Will be my first time there, I heard from some of the Spartanburg guys its a good show to be at.

Back
Top Bottom