• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Has anybody ran into older ammo problems.

Here are all your important dimensions for 10mm Automatic:

1694007877884.png

Both cases are spot on as far as length and everywhere except that once place there where the bottom of the bullet is seated in the case. In the arms core bullets there is a small ring all the way around the case where the bottom of the bullet is and it opens up to .005 bigger than the rest of the case. When I was shooting it would partially chamber but it would hang up right there at that ring and not chamber the round any further than that. I could take the palm of my hand and slap on the back of the slide and it would chamber but it would not do it on its own. When I change to the Sig ammo the gun ran like a sewing machine.

I don't think it being a Springfield had anything to do with it. I have honestly owned five or six Springfield A1 loaded 1911's and I never had an issue with any ammo out of those guns. They ran reliable shot after shot after shot and I never had a problem with any of the five or six that I owned. I can't remember how many exactly I owned but at one point I had three springfields and I have bought and sold many more since then.
Your mileage differed I guess. Mine did what I said. Springfield sometimes is just 'different'. Case in point for the 1911s..... on the front staked sights their tenon width is different than everybody else. It was true for a couple Springfield 1911s I owned.

1694011931537.png

Not that it makes Springfields any worse, that's just what I found out. And today most sights on them aren't the tenon and slot staking mess anyway.

Back
Top Bottom