• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Has anybody watched ~LEAVE THE WORLD BEHIND~ on Netflix?

Pretty thought provoking, the plot is far more feasible than I'd like to believe! If you are into any kind of prepping, it's definitely worth a watch!
Most any movie I've seen with Ethan Hawke is weirdo. He had one science fiction clunker where he time-traveled and it turned out that he was his mother (after a sex change) AND father. Really sicko. Roberts? an overrated actor with a huge mouth full of teeth.

Didn’t understand the significance of the how/why bug bite and loss of teeth.
And Gangs of deer approaching and seeming aggressive.
Don’t think we got a explanation for these events, at least I missed it if it was there.

The teeth thing was noted by Kevin Bacon’s character as radiation exposure, one of the radio blips said migration patterns of animals were interrupted and the bug thing was left unexplained.

The plot had potential but the writing…

Try the book One Second After if you want to see how to write this story properly.

the ending had to have something to do with the writers/production strike. window tag on the car said 2022 but I'm assuming the timing leading up to the strike had to add up. probably used all their content then had to wrap up fast. I don't know if it is a cliff hanger for a follow up or if we just leave it at that.

the ending had to have something to do with the writers/production strike. window tag on the car said 2022 but I'm assuming the timing leading up to the strike had to add up. probably used all their content then had to wrap up fast. I don't know if it is a cliff hanger for a follow up or if we just leave it at that.
The ending had to do with "we don't really have a good plot so we're gonna be wildly cryptic and let the viewer's imagination and fears do all the work."

We watched it the other night. The way I perceived it the point was how we are divided, hate each other and are afraid of each other, and how deranged and out of touch from nature we are. Bottom line, we the people suck.

Back
Top Bottom