• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Has anyone here used the egunner auction site ?

I put a bid on a Bersa 380 before lunch and no one else had bid up until then. Suddenly around 2:00 there were about a dozen higher bids. Been that way on everything I bid on.

I tried the site some time go and ran into similar activity. Shill bidding or stealth reserve bids to make it look like others are bidding.

I haven't been back.

Reactions: GFB
Several year back I bid on something and got outbid. I didn't raise my bid. Auction ended and then they told me I won. Seemed shady to me, thought they were maybe driving up the price with fake bids so I declined to buy. Buds gets an "A" from me but I'm not interested in the auctions.

Gunbroker is the largest gun auction site. After you watch enough auctions, and bid on some, and win a few/lose a few, you get a feel for the market and gun auctions.

egunner feels nothing like a legit auction site

Reactions: GFB
Gunbroker is the largest gun auction site. After you watch enough auctions, and bid on some, and win a few/lose a few, you get a feel for the market and gun auctions.

egunner feels nothing like a legit auction site
Their site does look and feel sketchy. But they usually have more of the stuff I'm looking for than Gunbroker. Although I guess that doesn't matter if it's all fake.

It may be like an in person auction where you bid 200 and the auctioneer says "we got 200, do I hear 225?" And they show 225 as the auction is still going on, but if no more bids, it sells at 200.

That tracks close to what I saw

It may be like an in person auction where you bid 200 and the auctioneer says "we got 200, do I hear 225?" And they show 225 as the auction is still going on, but if no more bids, it sells at 200.

That tracks close to what I saw
I guess I'm just used to live auction/car auction style bidding where you see who all is bidding and you hear their bids. Any other format just seems underhanded to me.

Do "best price" online research, set your max bid willing to go (GB has this, no idea about Egunner) and let er ride.

Did same recently on GB and won NAA Ranger II Topbreak at better deal than could find anywhere else.

Interestingly though, and maybe of significance, that auction ended like on a Wed instead of Sat or Sun when a lot more bidders are active

Well I put in a $10.00 bid on a rough looking Hi Point 380 about this same time yesterday just to see how quickly I'd get the outbid email from egunner .As of now my high bid still stands. I really didn't wa t the pistol. But there's about 4 more days to go. Someone out there will surely go $11.00 for a genuine crime scene Hi Point. And if I so win it I can send it back to Hi Point for repair or replacement .

Back
Top Bottom